What are the Chances of Woodley vs Till Being Boring?

ArtemV

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
The last time Woodley looked for a stoppage was in the summer of 2016 (vs Lawler).

Till had one really bad fight (vs Wonderboy) - his most recent fight.

There is a chance that either fighter can catch the other, but something tells me that this fight will be lacklustre.

Woodley spent 9/10 rounds of the Wonderboy fights with his back against the cage (he managed to hold Wonderboy down in the first round of their first fight), and he also had the strong 4th round as well and knocked Wonderboy down in the 5th round of their second fight too - which most likely won him the fight.

Till spent five rounds avoiding Wonderboy's shots whilst throwing the absolute minimum - but Till constantly pressured Wonderboy to the cage.

I think Till will pressure Woodley here, but there is a strong chance (in my opinion) that both fighters don't throw enough to have interesting exchanges - unless there is a flash knockdown/ko.

Thoughts?

I'd say very high chance of boring fight.

Both guys have a lot to lose, both are probably aware the other can KO them.

Woodley will probably never get another title shot if he loses the belt, Till seems to be having more and more trouble making weight.

If Till misses weight I think it could be more exciting because Woodley will know he will get a rematch if he loses.

I'm hoping that Tyron comes out looking to kill but based on his recent fights it seems foolish to bank on that.

Last edited:
Woodly in a boring fight?

I'd say there is about a 90% chance.

Nothing could be boring about watching Woodley get his shit pushed in for 2 rounds, before Till KOs him with a flying knee.

Both of them tend to be slow paced fighters who look for single shots.
Till is prone to opening up more when he have a guy behind the black lines/against the fence. Woodley, obviously, likes to fight behind the black lines.

There's a good chance it'll be boring, but also a good chance that at least in spurts it'll be very violent.

Chances are probably high but there will still be a sense of excitiment knowing anyone can explode and land something crazy and second.

its very possible, you go into these fights thinking 'okay its 5 rounds, somethings gonna happen' and yet when belts are on the line guys become very cautious and overly patient. Its understandable too considering UFCs fucked up pay structure, if you're one of the champs and getting PPV points you're making way more than other people so you gotta fight boring to hold onto that.

To be fair, it's Wonderboy and Maia who are the common elements of most of the boring 170 fights of the last few years. Woodley vs Till still has a pretty big chance of sucking though.

Well woodley wont do anything until the last 40 seconds of round 5.

Till fell asleep in his fight with thompson.

I think it will be amazing......

I think the chances are even higher of the fight not even happening because I think there's a 95%+ chance that till doesn't make weight

Woodley's a weirdo. Unbelievable strength but his Rogan interview confirmed the suspicions of him being overly analytical and way too cautious (paranoid level cautious). I can see him hanging back again and looking for that one shot / opening, resulting in a stale match. Till is likely to pressure again. I can see his huge size advantage causing Woodley to be even more cautious.

The chances of this fight happening and not being a Woodley title-defense classic are slim to none.

Extremely high

These are the kind of events you learn to skip out on after years of being suckered into watching every event the ufc puts on

It'll be a good fight if it stays on the feet, Woodley might be able to smash him on the ground though.

Woodley vs anyone qualified for a title fight = boring

like it or not Woodley has a king-of-the-hill mentality when it comes to the belt, ie the onus is on the challenger to initiate most the action in trying to knock him off the top. To his credit it is called "defending the belt" not "attacking the challengers"

it's probably up to Till how exciting the fight will be

Too damn high, Woodley vs WB, Boring, Woodley vs Maia, boring, Till vs WB, Boring.

Back