What are the big matchups to make at welterweight?

timoteo

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
champ- robbie lawler

number 1 contenders- carlos condit, stephan thompson, tyron woodley

in the mix(top 15)- johny hendricks, demian maia, gunner nelson, matt brown, rory macdonald, tarec safferdine, kelvin gastelum, thiago alves, albert turmenov, rick story, dong hyun kim

Make the next title fight, a number one contender fight, and a pivital top 15 fight. heres mine

Title: Lawler vs Thompson

thompson hasnt fought for the belt yet like condit and he hasnt sat on the side like woodley. He outshines condit and woodley because hes beaten a former champion and did so convincingly enough to make me believe he could it against robbie where

#1 contender fight: Woodley vs Demian Maia

while i dont think either man holds the golden ticket to the next title shot i do believe a big win over the other can seal the deal

Top 15 fight: Rory Macdonald vs Johny Hendricks

these guys havent squared up and a win over the other is going to put them exactly where they want to be. This is a fight that i havent really heard talked about.

Top 15 fight: Carlos Condit vs Matt Brown

this is a fan fight. They play into each others styles and this is a fight both guys would likely want to happen. Could easily be a main event on a fox card

while only one of these fight was labeled as a #1 conteder fight i believe whoever can come off with the biggest win can slingshot themselves into that number one contender spot.

Fight for fight that's what I would have gone with.

Woodley vs Demian Maia - they should make this fight for n1 contender instead of Brown/Maia. Brown can fight Carlos which will be amazing fight, and Rory/Hendricks. Lombard/Magny winner is in the mix too

Lawler/Thompson UFC 199 Co-Main for Luke/Chris

Disclaimer: All reason out the window

Lawler-Diaz
Wonderboy Condit for the title shot
Woodley Hendricks
Maia Gastelum

I don't understand how both; Thiago Alves and Kelvin Gastelum are "in the mix" as none have done anything for some time. Kelvin's biggest win is vs Nate/Musoke, Thiago's was of Mein who is now retired.

I don't understand how both; Thiago Alves and Kelvin Gastelum are "in the mix" as none have done anything for some time. Kelvin's biggest win is vs Nate/Musoke, Thiago's was of Mein who is now retired.
they are on the top 15 for the ufc

I want hendricks condit in a 5 round war :D
yeah that would be a good fight too. I feel condit in a sense got robbed due to that fight only being 3 rounds. He was very effective off his back and if it had gone 5 rounds i feel it would have looked a lot different

I feel like I say this everyday but here it goes again:

Demian Maia is already booked to fight Matt Brown.

Kelvin's biggest win is Rick Story,who is a top15 WW and a really underrated one.

Also Uriah Hall

The problem with the UFC is that they have thrown so many silly rematches that the fans don't even want them when they are warranted. Condit losing a fight most people thought he won should grant him a rematch.

Lawler vs McGregor... (after win over Rafa)
Nick vs Lawler 2......... (after loss to McGregor)
Condit vs Wonderboy
Woodley vs Maia
Lombard vs Rory
Askren vs Palhares
Benson vs Koreshkov
Hendricks vs Gastelum
Tumenov vs Matt Brown
Daley vs Koscheck 2
Lima vs Page
Larkin vs Alves

Kelvin's biggest win is Rick Story,who is a top15 WW and a really underrated one.

Also Uriah Hall
I forgot about the fight vs Story, where he got gifted a decision imo. But Uriah Hall isn't a really big win. He is hot and cold and so inconsistent.

Lawler vs. Condit II would be the right thing to do after their first fight.

champ- robbie lawler

number 1 contenders- carlos condit, stephan thompson, tyron woodley

in the mix(top 15)- johny hendricks, demian maia, gunner nelson, matt brown, rory macdonald, tarec safferdine, kelvin gastelum, thiago alves, albert turmenov, rick story, dong hyun kim

Make the next title fight, a number one contender fight, and a pivital top 15 fight. heres mine

Title: Lawler vs Thompson

thompson hasnt fought for the belt yet like condit and he hasnt sat on the side like woodley. He outshines condit and woodley because hes beaten a former champion and did so convincingly enough to make me believe he could it against robbie where

#1 contender fight: Woodley vs Demian Maia

while i dont think either man holds the golden ticket to the next title shot i do believe a big win over the other can seal the deal

Top 15 fight: Rory Macdonald vs Johny Hendricks

these guys havent squared up and a win over the other is going to put them exactly where they want to be. This is a fight that i havent really heard talked about.

Top 15 fight: Carlos Condit vs Matt Brown

this is a fan fight. They play into each others styles and this is a fight both guys would likely want to happen. Could easily be a main event on a fox card

while only one of these fight was labeled as a #1 conteder fight i believe whoever can come off with the biggest win can slingshot themselves into that number one contender spot.

Perfect match ups!

And then if conor wins, conor for the belt >)

how about maia vs dhk II?
both are top 10 on winning streaks, and the first fight left everyone (except maia) unsatisfied.

Stephen Thompson vs. Lawler
Condit vs Mcdonald 2
And let Woodley Lombard happen already.
Maia - Brown winner faces McGregor:D

Back