What are some things you do aside from jiu jitsu?

Judo. Play guitar and ukulele. I've been trying to get into leathercraft. Long, lazy bike rides. Museums.

No, but on a serious note, most of my life is devoted to combat sport like BJJ, Judo or Muay Thai. The rest of the time its spent at work or school, with night life on the weekends. I was pretty heavy into the Japan club scene for almost 5 years, and just recently started phasing out of it. Starting to get pretty heavy into photography. Owned a Nikkon 5100 for about a year now and love it. As for games, not as much as I want to. :(

No, but on a serious note, most of my life is devoted to combat sport like BJJ, Judo or Muay Thai. The rest of the time its spent at work or school, with night life on the weekends. I was pretty heavy into the Japan club scene for almost 5 years, and just recently started phasing out of it. Starting to get pretty heavy into photography. Owned a Nikkon 5100 for about a year now and love it. As for games, not as much as I want to. :(

I was thinking of getting into photograhpy but it seems like a kind of expensive hobby, any reccomendations for some cheaper sort of entry level cameras?

I was thinking of getting into photograhpy but it seems like a kind of expensive hobby, any reccomendations for some cheaper sort of entry level cameras?

I got the Nikkon D5100 because it offers the best bang for your buck. If you know how cameras work you can take professional level photos in any situation and you can attach flashes and mic's for special situations and video stuff. The D3100 isn't bad either but it's microphone is limited.

The kit lens (mine was 18-55 mm) will suit all of your needs and you can get the whole thing for under 500 bucks. Keep in mind that is ALL you will ever have to spend unless you choose to get more stuff. I would take a poll of people around you. If most of your friends have Cannons, get a cannon so you can trade/borrow lenses. If they have a Nikkon, get a Nikkon, Sony, get a sony, etc. They can also give you advice on camera operation etc.

The main thing is just learning what a good photo looks like, which is actually pretty simple, yet endlessly deep.

Perfect 'your mom' joke set up OP. But really, grad school eats my life. Jiu jitsu is my last shred of what I have left.

I got the Nikkon D5100 because it offers the best bang for your buck. If you know how cameras work you can take professional level photos in any situation and you can attach flashes and mic's for special situations and video stuff. The D3100 isn't bad either but it's microphone is limited.

The kit lens (mine was 18-55 mm) will suit all of your needs and you can get the whole thing for under 500 bucks. Keep in mind that is ALL you will ever have to spend unless you choose to get more stuff. I would take a poll of people around you. If most of your friends have Cannons, get a cannon so you can trade/borrow lenses. If they have a Nikkon, get a Nikkon, Sony, get a sony, etc. They can also give you advice on camera operation etc.

The main thing is just learning what a good photo looks like, which is actually pretty simple, yet endlessly deep.

Cool. Thanks! And I'm pretty sure I know what a good picture looks like. Just find an empty swingset or a vaugely innteresting tree and make it black and white. Or at least, that's what my facebook feed would lead me to believe haha.

My instructor told me jujitsu is also good in the bedroom cause its all in the hips :|

When I'm not doing BJJ, I am either with my family or working. That's pretty much it.

For hobbies, dabble in math and science literature, play dungeons and dragons, go to self help / Buddhist clinics and events, hang out at Starbucks, weight lifting, I have a fire pit for parties, married life, video games, drink a lot of beer.

Good wife and no kids makes me a happy camper.

Cool. Thanks! And I'm pretty sure I know what a good picture looks like. Just find an empty swingset or a vaugely innteresting tree and make it black and white. Or at least, that's what my facebook feed would lead me to believe haha.

Well....the good news is it looks like there's a lot you can learn about photography. Myself, I look back at my photos from 2 years ago and cringe. I am now a photography snob as well. :icon_chee

Now that summer is finally here (At least for us in North America!) I am back into Mountain Biking, BMX Freestyle Riding, and Road Biking - Bicycling (pretty much any kind) is probably the only thing I love more than Martial Arts.

I also do a lot of strength training with a 1,150lb+ Total (Squat, Dead, Bench) @ 165lbs (Nothing too crazy, but I think it's okay for my body weight) - I've been working at it for a while, hoping I can some day obtain 'old man strength'.

Aside from physical stuff, I ride a lot of motorcycle and have an awesome job as a profit sharing partner in sales that is very fulfilling.

What's with these question digitsu? I liked your hemp rash guard info a few weeks ago but your posting these odd questions now. I'll bite though because I respect your company.

I do strength and conditioning, play xbox one, and spend time with the family. I've also recently bought a smoker so I'm learning how to smoke my own meats. Brisket, ribs, chicken, and different things. It's pretty cool.

And also listen to podcats...

Judo. Medieval history and Archaeology. Old Norse and Anglo-Saxon literature and language.

I enjoy long walks on the beach (at sunset), cuddling, travel, and deep conversations over a beautiful bottle of wine. PM if interested.

The kit lens (mine was 18-55 mm) will suit all of your needs...

Er, no. I mean, it might, but you have no idea.

Trailride Quads(ATV's), shoot air rifles, play football(soccer), and all round sports junkie.

Last edited:
Back