What are some things i could do before i start training?

Hi Tek

Blue Belt
Reaction score
in june, when i get 3 weeks off of work, im going to start going to this kickboxing gym i've been keeping an eye on but for now im just trying to lose as much weight as i can, im 245 with about 20 pounds left to get rid of, it isnt the weight i need help losing, thats easy for me but lately ive been using my boxing stand alot and just recently ive been focusing more on footwork and kicks

by doing this, my fucking calves are sore all the time which prevents me from practicing at home as hard sometimes, i get muscle spasms alot and my ankle's start hurting sometimes, for my size, i have light feet so i move around alot, i have to to make up for the lack of speed in my punches, right now i feel the most comfortable when im not flat footed on both feet when moving around

but my question is for people who are already training, was there anything you wish you could have done before your first day/week of training? or should i just wait and find out myself

I did entry-level boxing and kickboxing classes off and on for about 18 months. (Loved it, the only reasons I stopped were financial constraints and scheduling problems).

If I had it to do all over again the only thing I'd do differently to prepare would be to work hard at improving my cardio for a few weeks.

'Cause I was gassing out like crazy the first few classes.

so far the only real cardio im doing is one the stationary bike, i go pretty hard though, 600 cal in 45 min....im waiting til im around 230-235 to start running

Stationary bike is good.

If you're not doing it already, you might want to do some interval training, like maybe warm up, then alternate one minute of riding real hard with one minute of moderate effort. Try to keep that up for 30 or 60 minutes.

Or warm up, then start increasing your speed a little bit every minute or two until you're going all-out. Then slow down to a moderate pace for a couple minutes, then gradually ramp it up again.

^yeah i dont do anything like that, i just get on and put it to level 10 or 11 and do 22 minute periods at no less than 90 rpm...i do this twice

Eh, play around with your routine as you see fit.

I don't think it's crucial to focus on a real specific sort of cardio program right now. So long as you're working hard, that's a plus.

Though if you wanted to go the extra mile, go to the kickboxing gym between classes and ask if one of the coaches can give you a minute of his/her time to tell you what kind of preparation they'd recommend for an incoming student. That should get you better advice than I can provide.

didnt even fuckin think of that lol...i gotz to put that weed down...this is another thing didnt mention, i may have to use weed in food from now on so it doesnt effect breathing

Add some mercury and arsenic to your weed when you make your special brownies. It makes the high much more intense and will help you with your strength gains.

Lifting weights is gay. It won't keep you from falling down when I hit you in the chin.

Lifting weights is gay. It won't keep you from falling down when I hit you in the chin.

Thats offensive Barut. You shouldn't mock Hi Teks lifestyle choices. What he and his "life partner" do in the privacy of his own bedroom is their own business. Refering to them as "gay" is hurtful and offensive. I think you owe him an apology.

I'd read the FAQ.

And then read thru urban's site, a link to which is in the FAQ.

And start doing the two day split, detailed in the FAQ, in addition to whatever cardio I choose to do.

Then I'd be stronger and more powerful as well as having more stamina.

True. Rat Poison?

Old school rat poison used to contain arsenic. The stuff they use these days would take too long and would require significant quantities.

I don't think Victor makes traps large enough for this fat ass. That would be my preferred method. Put some Cheetos on the trigger and wait for him to walk by.

ratsnap3.gif

What I find to be effective pre-training is to take everything ChaseT says, label it as crap, and ignore it.... has worked pretty well so far and I think you would also find the results to be beneficial.

I'd read the FAQ.

And then read thru urban's site, a link to which is in the FAQ.

And start doing the two day split, detailed in the FAQ, in addition to whatever cardio I choose to do.

Then I'd be stronger and more powerful as well as having more stamina.

Good Answer.

What I find to be effective pre-training is to take everything ChaseT says, label it as crap, and ignore it.... has worked pretty well so far and I think you would also find the results to be beneficial.

owlblah5cq.jpg

Can you two get a room please so that we can dominate the TS in peace?

Back