What are some good forearm exercises?

Crimson Glory

Go Pack Go!
@red
Reaction score
I just started lifting again for the first time in a little while.

I'm aware of the Farmer's Walk, and obviously there are wrist curls, but are there any others?

I really want to build mass in my forearms and grip strength in my hands.

Any suggestions?

Wrist hammer curls. Fingertip pushups. Get a whole stack of dumbbell plates and use your hands to press them together in a row then curl that a bunch of times. Roller with heavy weight. Tie a dumbbell plate to the end of a rope, tie the rope to the corner of a handtowel. Use your hand to scrunch up the handtowel and ball it up in your fist to raise the plate up to your hand and then reverse the motion. Captains of Crush grippers.

those are a few easy ones anyway.

most of the time, simple things work best.
just do wristcurls and plate pinch. towel chin ups are a great and simple. nothing fries my hands like heavy clubbell/sledge swinging.

don't forget to work the extensors also.

just stick to the basics for some time.
here is a beginner routine from david horne:

http://www.davidhorne-gripmaster.com/basics.html

Hammer curl/reverse curls
wrist roll
Thick bar grip work

Power cleans.

Hold shit.

Hold heavier shit.

Hold awkward shit.

Fat Gripz, despite being spelled with a 'z' really are a phenomenal product. You'd be hard pressed to find someone with a legitimate complaint about them; unless they're going on about how they can spend 10$ on a few rolls of duct tape and make their own shitty version instead of just spending 20$ on the real thing.

Ed can says he used to just hold a bar in the middle with progressively more weight

I tried it

Can't seem to find the exact middle

Masturbation.

I came in here specifically to check if someone had posted this already and if they hadn't to post it myself.

Now I'm here I feel I should add something useful but there's plenty of solid suggestions already. Fat bar chin-ups worked for me.

Back