What are some dirty, but not illegal, things in MMA?

It's crazy the high percentage of fighters who miss weight and win the fight. Meaning they aren't pushing themselves to the brink to make weight. They are still in good fight shape and much larger than their opponent. Total bullshit.
Recently both Darren till and what's her name - that fat BJJ chick who missed 115 by a mile.... both missed big and as I recall came in HEAVIER after their extra time to cut, which is basically saying "yeah I didn't feel like making weight so I chose not to".

That pissed me off and it pissed me off even more when not a goddamn thing happened as punishment.

if it's legal, it's not dirty

this is a fucking fight to the death, as real as it gets bro

you know the rules, then don't complain about shit being 'dirty'
I disagree and I bet most others do too.

Humans can discern between something legal and acceptable and something technically legal but clearly unethical.

An example would be Floyd's sucker punch KO of Victor Ortiz.

Technically legal. "Protect yourself at all times."

But massive displeasure from the fans as it was without question a "cheap shot". Even the small percent of fans who were ok with the shot tend to say "it was dirty but Ortiz head butted him first so what goes around comes around". No one said - "hey did you see that completely legit KO? That really showed who was the better man in decisive fashion!"

Are you ok with fake glove touch KOs? That would be "legal".

How about a fighter pretending to be eye poked or struck in the groin then sucker punch KOing their opponent, no rule against that, would you be OK with that too?

People making it sound like Romero shat himself on purpose <45>

That's some next-level gameplay

Not legal but might as well be:

Eyepokes
Holding towels during weigh ins
Missing weight by huge amounts
Grabbing the cage
Putting one hand on the ground to be "grounded"
Groin shots

I know the OP said things that are legal but these things are so often ignored or left unpunished they might as well be legal.

The new rules buddeh, the hand on the mat to be grounded doesn't work anymore...

you def' should learn how a scale works ;)
If you come overweighted, it won't help you in ANY way, implying that's maybe a cheating technique, but only for retarded.

Touche
The new rules buddeh, the hand on the mat to be grounded doesn't work anymore...

you def' should learn how a scale works ;)
If you come overweighted, it won't help you in ANY way, implying that's maybe a cheating technique, but only for retarded.

I disagree and I bet most others do too.

Humans can discern between something legal and acceptable and something technically legal but clearly unethical.

An example would be Floyd's sucker punch KO of Victor Ortiz.

Technically legal. "Protect yourself at all times."

But massive displeasure from the fans as it was without question a "cheap shot". Even the small percent of fans who were ok with the shot tend to say "it was dirty but Ortiz head butted him first so what goes around comes around". No one said - "hey did you see that completely legit KO? That really showed who was the better man in decisive fashion!"

Are you ok with fake glove touch KOs? That would be "legal".

How about a fighter pretending to be eye poked or struck in the groin then sucker punch KOing their opponent, no rule against that, would you be OK with that too?

There was nothing wrong with Floyd's punch. The rules, as you said, are protect yourself at all times. Displeasure from fans doesn't show it was unethical, but at best shows their ignorance of the rules.

Fake glove touch is perfectly fine. That's a risk you take for trying to be buddies with a guy you're trying to fight. Same thing with faking illegal blows like Koscheck and Weidman have done.

It sounds to me like you basically want to blame fighters for being smarter and more creative than their opponents in this instances. The purpose of a fight is to WIN. All this talk of sportsmanship or ethics is stuff invented by inferior competitors to try to prove themselves superior in some other way.

FIght is fight, bro. LET THEM BANG

tai_tuivasa_shoey_ufc_225.0.jpg

Dirty as hell, but he there was no one there to stop him.

Most dirty things gets first a warning.
Eye-pokes for instance. Fighters abuse it because they always get (at least) one free and by then they already have the advantage.

But flat out bad things that are legal?
Oblique kicks.

you are allowed AT LEAST 1 eye poke and 1 groin shot, probably a 12-6 and a knee to a grounded before you are deducted a point.

And you can probably squeeze in a couple of hits after the bell for good measure. Heck, do it at the end of several rounds while you're at it.

Foot stomps as has been mentioned, also smothering with the hand over the face shits me

Don't see it as much anymore but it's tantamount to hair pulling for me, ie bitch move

There is literally no bell in the UFC, only the ref decides when the round ends and starts. Romero never ignored BJM's instructions, he was told to stay where he was BEFORE the end of the first minute, in order to clean vaseline that was put there by the cutman, not by a member of Romero's corner. The first break lasted 1:12, they are absolutely never exactly a minute with a bell to answer.
Also, glove grab

There was nothing wrong with Floyd's punch. The rules, as you said, are protect yourself at all times. Displeasure from fans doesn't show it was unethical, but at best shows their ignorance of the rules.

Fake glove touch is perfectly fine. That's a risk you take for trying to be buddies with a guy you're trying to fight. Same thing with faking illegal blows like Koscheck and Weidman have done.

It sounds to me like you basically want to blame fighters for being smarter and more creative than their opponents in this instances. The purpose of a fight is to WIN. All this talk of sportsmanship or ethics is stuff invented by inferior competitors to try to prove themselves superior in some other way.

FIght is fight, bro. LET THEM BANG
Fair enough. At least you have a somewhat reasonable explanation for your stance, I can respect that. I don't fully agree, but you stated your case reasonably well.

I see it as two separate things.

Legal
Ethical

Like one I those Venn diagrams that overlap and also have non-overlapping parts.

I see ethics as civilized society's way of addressing the shortcomings of a given set of rules. When you know something is wrong but there is no rule prohibiting that thing. (usually because there shouldn't have to be, i.e.: it goes without saying.)

Regarding glove touch I am surprised more/all fighters do not protect themselves while doing so. Chin tucked, rear hand up, safe distance, ready to move. It can be done safely.

If you view suckerpunching someone during a glove touch as a creative way to win you might be a sociopath, and there are an abundant amount of elite fighters who choose to act ethically which destroys your whole "ethics were invented by weaker competitors", sorry but that is pure bullshit, if anything the cheap shot is a shortcut to winning by a weaker competitor who can not win within the established rules and while abiding by established ethical actions.

pretty disgusting that they walk around bare foot in there

Back