What are some dirty, but not illegal, things in MMA?

Let's not forget "Stool gate"

Screen-Shot-2014-09-27-at-8.13.29-PM-1024x560.png

e5eeaaef674a2b20b121b38777b244a9.gif

This was legal when it happened.

Aha yes i remember that well ! Tim Kennedy vs Romero. I know Tim Kennedy is for some reason not *the* most popular fighter but Yoel and his team used every trick in the book to give him more stool-time in that fight.

If you cannot make the "bell" then you're DQ'd. Its that simple. Or it *should* be that simple....

Romero shitting himself, Timmeh too and others.

Nate Quarry using this technique, which should be banned for being indefensible.

70jgnr.jpg

One of the most annoying things has to be Lindland intentionally coming in horribly smelly to every fight. Being a nasty fuck as "strategy" is horrible. I can't find the video, but I remember Rampage calling him a smelly skunk or something.

Matt-Lindland-UFC-54-102x77.jpg

you are allowed AT LEAST 1 eye poke and 1 groin shot, probably a 12-6 and a knee to a grounded before you are deducted a point.

Not legal but might as well be:

Eyepokes
Holding towels during weigh ins
Missing weight by huge amounts
Grabbing the cage
Putting one hand on the ground to be "grounded"
Groin shots

I know the OP said things that are legal but these things are so often ignored or left unpunished they might as well be legal.

Not legal but might as well be:

Eyepokes
Holding towels during weigh ins
Missing weight by huge amounts
Grabbing the cage
Putting one hand on the ground to be "grounded"
Groin shots

I know the OP said things that are legal but these things are so often ignored or left unpunished they might as well be legal.

Correct!
If a rule like "if you eyepoke, you lose 1 point" you wouldn't see many eye pokes.
But when all you get is "watch your hands, got it, don't do it anymore", nobody gives a fuck.

Aha yes i remember that well ! Tim Kennedy vs Romero. I know Tim Kennedy is for some reason not *the* most popular fighter but Yoel and his team used every trick in the book to give him more stool-time in that fight.

If you cannot make the "bell" then you're DQ'd. Its that simple. Or it *should* be that simple....

There is literally no bell in the UFC, only the ref decides when the round ends and starts. Romero never ignored BJM's instructions, he was told to stay where he was BEFORE the end of the first minute, in order to clean vaseline that was put there by the cutman, not by a member of Romero's corner. The first break lasted 1:12, they are absolutely never exactly a minute with a bell to answer.

I just watched the video of that fight again. I'm not saying it was specifically Romero's intention to delay BUT he definitely sat on the stool an excessive amount of time and the corner folk absolutely decided to give him more time and used every ploy in the book.
They excessively greased his face, and John McCarthy ordered "Wipe it off", and then after that he said "Out out out!!!". His corner came in and started wiping the WATER off his back and neck knowing full well the ref meant "wipe it off" referring to the grease on his cut.

I just counted exactly the time and it was 1m28secs that Romero got from the end of the bell to John saying "get it on".
Romero's corner cheated, fact. Don't sugarcoat it.

Bon soir, mon ami.

Back