What are some aspects of your favorite fighters that no one else does better?

Conor's traps / counters
200.gif

giphy.gif

Watching Dominick Cruz’s older matches and seeing his unorthodox style being so damn effective got me thinking about some aspects of guys that they seem to better than anyone else? What’s you guys favorite aspects about your favorite fighters?

Condit, Lawler, Holloway, Hendo, Pettis, Alvarez, Gaethje, Edgar:

All heart, always in the fight and capable of putting guys away at any moment in the fight despite if its going in their favor

I always like to compare the way he fought Nogueira the first and second times, with how he fought the third time. In the second fight it seemed like Nog had made some adjustments on the ground, and was much more successful threatening Fedor before the the NC. In the third fight, Fedor completely abandoned his original gameplan and picked him apart with speed on the feet, into occasional takedowns, while never following Nog to the ground. It was a brilliant tactical shift, and Nog had no response to it. This, and the Cro Cop fight really displayed how Fedor was one of the most intelligent and cerebral fighters of his day, up until he abandoned all semblance of gameplanning when he apparently left everything that happened in the ring/cage to "God's will".

Fedor just goes out and brawls now...He's slightly above how tank abbot used to fight...I feel ashamed to even say that...but honestly, that's how he fights now...he goes out, does his usual distance gauging at first...then bombs away...just now, his chin is gone. I can't remember the last time he took anyone down...or tried a submission...fedor has more wins by submission that ko I believe or very close...but when was the last time he attempted even a takedown or submission?

I like Nick Diaz's precision shots with volume that slowly wilt down his opponents. He opened up my eyes in terms of how much strikes actually need to be effective.

Fedor just goes out and brawls now...He's slightly above how tank abbot used to fight...I feel ashamed to even say that...but honestly, that's how he fights now...he goes out, does his usual distance gauging at first...then bombs away...just now, his chin is gone. I can't remember the last time he took anyone down...or tried a submission...fedor has more wins by submission that ko I believe or very close...but when was the last time he attempted even a takedown or submission?

This was very refreshing to see.

giphy.gif

If your kid has to explain their name to someone when they first meet , its probably a bad choice...

And the H is completely unnecessary. It's spelled 'Ronin'. That would have been perfectly sufficient, but dude wanted to be "clever".

Machida's ability to land a ridiculous KO shot out of absolutely nowhere

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

UFC%2BLyoto%2BMachida%2BBody%2BKick%2B%2B(1).gif

tumblr_p8nbakiKMx1r7vh24o1_540.gif

It's a shame this is the best highlight featuring Anderson.

giphy.gif
Yeah because this is better than his win streak and incredible KO's. Name a fighter with a better highlight real than Anderson Silva, I'll wait...

Keith Hackney for top-tier pee pee punches.

Joanna is the best at being undefeated, somehow she still manages it even after being defeated

Bj Penn: best at repulsively licking someone's blood off his gloves.

Almost everyone in the top 5 in any division. Anderson Silva fought cans. So they aren't impressive.

That Mark Hunt ass meteor drop is just as good as any one of Anderson Silvas knockouts.
You can make the argument that any dominant champ fought cans but he fought the best the sport had to offer and then some by moving up. Thats one highlight by mark hunt, Im talking someone with an all together better career highlight real than Silva, there is none.

Of course he's since regressed significantly, but no one chained strikes into takedowns like The Last Emperor!

IdleInsistentGrouse-size_restricted.gif

17+Fedor+Emelianenko+vs+Gary+Goodridge_xvid.gif

15+Fedor+Emelianenko+vs+Egidijus+Valavicius_xvid_004.gif

23+Fedor+Emelianenko+vs+Antonio+Rodrigo+Nogueira+III_xvid_001.gif

He’s not one of my fav fighters but no one in mma did transitions better than Fedor one of the reasons I considered him among the mma goats

Back