What are some aspects of your favorite fighters that no one else does better?

Destino2018

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Watching Dominick Cruz’s older matches and seeing his unorthodox style being so damn effective got me thinking about some aspects of guys that they seem to better than anyone else? What’s you guys favorite aspects about your favorite fighters?

Mousasi used to have a really clean boxing but nowadays he got sloppier and became a grappler. Nobody seems to realize because his striking is still good.

My man Gegard:
His plethora of jabs and his titanium chin...
Also becoming one of those guys that YOU DON'T want on top of you.

UnselfishDisastrousAngora.gif

The Stockton Slap
3BfiAL.gif

Conors Shot Selection and timing is the best

Shogun was the GOAT at soccer kicks and stomps. Shame the biggest weapons in his arsenal got taken away by beta unified rules

Rampage Jackson had honestly some of the best slams in mma before the rise of DC it was incredible

Of course he's since regressed significantly, but no one chained strikes into takedowns like The Last Emperor!

IdleInsistentGrouse-size_restricted.gif

17+Fedor+Emelianenko+vs+Gary+Goodridge_xvid.gif

15+Fedor+Emelianenko+vs+Egidijus+Valavicius_xvid_004.gif

23+Fedor+Emelianenko+vs+Antonio+Rodrigo+Nogueira+III_xvid_001.gif

Watching Dominick Cruz’s older matches and seeing his unorthodox style being so damn effective got me thinking about some aspects of guys that they seem to better than anyone else? What’s you guys favorite aspects about your favorite fighters?

cruz is the king of split decisions...him and benson henderson.

Of course he's since regressed significantly, but no one chained strikes into takedowns like The Last Emperor!

IdleInsistentGrouse-size_restricted.gif

17+Fedor+Emelianenko+vs+Gary+Goodridge_xvid.gif

15+Fedor+Emelianenko+vs+Egidijus+Valavicius_xvid_004.gif

23+Fedor+Emelianenko+vs+Antonio+Rodrigo+Nogueira+III_xvid_001.gif

the fedor haters always say that fedor wasn't good at taking guys down...ummmm, go watch some of his fights in pride...fedor was an animal..his striking was mainly used to set up his takedowns and then ground and pound...that's what he was most known for, back in the day. I think people forget how he used to fight...they think the guy that fought henderson is the same guy that fought in pride...not even close.

the fedor haters always say that fedor wasn't good at taking guys down...ummmm, go watch some of his fights in pride...fedor was an animal..his striking was mainly used to set up his takedowns and then ground and pound...that's what he was most known for, back in the day. I think people forget how he used to fight...they think the guy that fought henderson is the same guy that fought in pride...not even close.

I always like to compare the way he fought Nogueira the first and second times, with how he fought the third time. In the second fight it seemed like Nog had made some adjustments on the ground, and was much more successful threatening Fedor before the the NC. In the third fight, Fedor completely abandoned his original gameplan and picked him apart with speed on the feet, into occasional takedowns, while never following Nog to the ground. It was a brilliant tactical shift, and Nog had no response to it. This, and the Cro Cop fight really displayed how Fedor was one of the most intelligent and cerebral fighters of his day, up until he abandoned all semblance of gameplanning when he apparently left everything that happened in the ring/cage to "God's will".

There's a few things maia does better than anyone in MMA:

tripoding

leg weave mount

deep half sweep

and taking the back

GSP

GOAT at coming up with a gameplan and executing it to perfection in the cage. Smartest fighter to step into the octagon.

Jon Jones' uncanny ability to crash cars.

Back