What are some 15 seconds of fame type moments in the UFC?

Idiots weren't talking about him before the Conor fight. And people who know about MMA know that he's never quite maximized his potential.

The fact that Conor can't beat him makes you wonder if Conor's 15 minutes is up.

It should be.

I know Conor haters are all idiots, but you do know that Conor is the champion, right?

lol.gif

No way. This guy will be a legend for eternity.

I know Conor haters are all idiots, but you do know that Conor is the champion, right?
I'm not a Conor hater. I'm a Conor fan hater. So I'm probably a you hater.

No one is talking about fighting ability here. Just because you had some DIaz posters taped up to your bedroom wall, doesn't make him famous lol! Just the same as Matt Hughes was never "famous" despite being the champion for a long time. Being known by fans of the sport you compete in isn't exactly being famous in my book.
A poster? That's cute. Though I wouldn't be surprised if some of the forum has a Conor poster on their wall. Without the fans there is no MMA. I respect Conor as a fighter and it's cool to see the popularity he's attained in the sport, but that doesn't mean every fighter that doesn't get there is shit. I'm not just referring to Nate. I'm a fan of the Diaz brothers, but I have no loyalty to them.

Random thread is random but just curious to know what moments lead people to crazy levels of fame for a short while?

Some I can think of:
- That dude in the chuck costume
- Though still famous, Holly reached a crazy level of fame for a short while after beating RRR
- Dave Sholler after the Jones / DC staredown

[yt]

I'm going to throw Keith Jardine out there. He beat Forrest and Chuck and was doing really well then wand layed him out and his time was up.

Also that dude that was going to headline tuf but got into trouble right before and got banned from the ufc.

Tyson Griffin was gonna dominate LW for the next decade.

I'm not a Conor hater. I'm a Conor fan hater. So I'm probably a you hater.

You didn't say anything about Conor fans in your post.

Man, Conor haters are delusional.

No one was even talking anything about him before the Conor fight.

Now everyone knows him, however, after Conor beats him there will be no more Nate talk once again.
Since you werent around before Conor let me fill you in. Nate was plenty talked about whether it was positive or negative. Anytime nate fought or had an interview a large majority tuned in to watch because whether he was beating the snot out of cowboy or calling kurt peligrino a bitch during an interview fans new theyd alway be in for a show .

Back