What are rockhold's chances against anderson.

snoop dogg***

Baby Heath goon$quad
Reaction score
Ive only seen 2 of his fights. I think hed get picked apart. He seems like a tall guy with a good reach and decent boxing but i havent seen him fight enough to really make judgements. Does anyone think he has a chance against anderson?

everyone that steps into the cage has a chance.

rockholds is very slim

we are talking silva vs rockhold here man.

Rockhold is like Bisping in the way that they are both very good, legit top fighters for sure. However their style is very bad against Anderson. Neither posses one punch KO power nor the wrestling to take Anderson down over and over again.

If Rockhold play into his own strengths(which is in Andersons realm) I don't like his chances. I don't see how Rockhold wins this fight, it obviously can happen but I wouldn't bet him at +600

He is injury prone, and a little too mediocre for Anderson. However, the guy is top calibre and could very well pull off a win. He trains with DC so he might just go for gnp even though Anderson can defend against anyone not named Sonnen. I want Anderson to lose, and Rockhold's chances of being that guy are no less than anyone else. Too bad anyone else has hardly any chance at all.

Not very good, but then again you could say that about everybody at MW and most LHWs too.

Weidman is the only one on the map that could even make it competitive IMO.

A non-aggressive counter puncher with alright stand-up and alright wrestling? He should do just fine.

TKO in the second or third for Anderson but a decent challenge.

If Rockhold play into his own strengths(which is in Andersons realm) I don't like his chances. I don't see how Rockhold wins this fight, it obviously can happen but I wouldn't bet him at +600
This. Obviously anyone has a chance, but Anderson would likely be well over -1000 for this one. The only guy beating Anderson will be a phenomenal wrestler, a phenomenal BJJ guy, or a guy with one punch KO power.

Can he wrestle?

Yes?

Sub Defense?

Yes?

Well then Anderson has already lost.

Except he's ducking.

BOOM.

This. Obviously anyone has a chance, but Anderson would likely be well over -1000 for this one. The only guy beating Anderson will be a phenomenal wrestler, a phenomenal BJJ guy, or a guy with one punch KO power.

A phenomenal Wrestler with Phenomal BJJ and Good Cardio, One of the most under Rated Trait of anderson is his ability to adapt to preassure figthers and return the preasure once they started slowing down.

rockhold has great kicks and is a bit taller than Anderson. He could certainly keep anderson honest by using his legs and working from there.

slim to nil,

he's good all around but not great in any facet. he'll be a solid addition to the UFC MW division, top 10 guy for sure, but he'll never be MW champ unless he makes some improvements.

pros:

- good kicks
- good cardio
- good scrambles, takedown defense and all around grappling.
- he seems to be able to take a punch pretty well.
- good looking (no homer)

cons:

- way too hittable
- good not great in any area - a great wrestler (example: sonnen or weidman) would probably be able to smother him for 3 rounds, while a great striker (ex: silva, bisping or belfort) would probably be able to outpoint him or possibly TKO him.

A phenomenal Wrestler with Phenomal BJJ and Good Cardio, One of the most under Rated Trait of anderson is his ability to adapt to preassure figthers and return the preasure once they started slowing down.
Good point. That was the difference between the first and second Sonnen fight and we saw how differently those went. For whatever reason (increased muscle mass, tougher weight cut, etc.) Sonnen's cardio in that 2nd fight wasn't where it was in the first, and the second he didn't get that takedown to start the second round you could tell he was tired, and you could tell he knew he was in big trouble. So no question, the opponent's gonna need great cardio as well.

Havent seen his fights, and I thought he was a wrestler because I remember hearing he won his title by decision (most wrestlers do this). Assuming he can wrestle a bit, then he should automatically have a bit of a better shot than Bisbing.

Rockhold gets toyed with and blasted early in the second. I don't like or dislike Silva, but I hope he has the good sense to retire on top. He would be one of the few who do.

Rockhold has a very poor chance indeed. His style seems wrong for beating Silva at this stage, he would likely be KO'd inside 2 rounds.

Back