What are PVZ's actual MMA skills?

Man, it isn't even 4 months since she ko'ed an opponent via switchkick. Granted, she still looks raw put plenty of fighters will never be able to pull off a move like that (nevermind sherdoggers, most of whom can't kick above knee level). She is still quite young and raw and is refining her skills on the biggest stage (which might be the problem) let's see what she and Sage look like in the octagon at 25.

I agree mostly but tbh I'm an average looking guy so I'm not picky.
The UFC is not trying to pimp you as some ass-kicking Adonis or Venus the way they do with Sage and Paige, so its no big deal if you or I are average looking. Its a joke. If it wasn't for the fact that I know they just do it for ratings I would truly detest uncle Dana for perverting the sport and turning it into a circus.

Man, it isn't even 4 months since she ko'ed an opponent via switchkick. Granted, she still looks raw put plenty of fighters will never be able to pull off a move like that (nevermind sherdoggers, most of whom can't kick above knee level). She is still quite young and raw and is refining her skills on the biggest stage (which might be the problem) let's see what she and Sage look like in the octagon at 25.
So why are they being promoted as all world performers if they clearly aren't at that level and may or may not ever be? At this stage, you don't know if an athlete will progress to that next level. Why are you buying into the hype?

So why are they being promoted as all world performers if they clearly aren't at that level and may or may not ever be? At this stage, you don't know if an athlete will progress to that next level. Why are you buying into the hype?

I'm not buying into any hype and I don't know anyone who thinks PVZ is a world beater - she's a marketable, young fighter who might be a star one day. It's mma and losses happen - no reason to give up on a young fighter after one or two of them when it's against good opposition.

Scrambles, toughness and athleticism
Blank canvas, she can still be good
My neighbor's three year old has the same attributes. Scrambles all over the sandbox, gets up no matter how many times he gets knocked down, and runs circles around the other three year olds at the daycare. "Dana we have a goat prospect, Rogaine let's start hyping this kid asap!! Don't forget to use the phrase "once ever" the casuals eat that sh*t up!!!"

I'm not buying into any hype and I don't know anyone who thinks PVZ is a world beater - she's a marketable, young fighter who might be a star one day. It's mma and losses happen - no reason to give up on a young fighter after one or two of them when it's against good opposition.
In case you haven't noticed she is being promoted as a star now.

her biggest attribute is she's 'murican,if she was from any other country with maybe the exception of Canada,she would never have been hyped and the DWTS & Reebok contracts would have never been offered to her,nevermind headlining 2 Fight Nights,she probably wouldnt have ever fought outwith the prelims.

People seem to have gotten late in the PVZ bandwagon timeline. In 2014 there was much talk about her prior to her debut.

The buzz around her initially was because she was rather attractive. She wasn't even on a winning streak and honestly no one really expected much from her. But she beat Curran convincingly. And she kept on winning, really shocking a lot of us. She's a good athlete and shows improvements but she's only had 10 fights.

I knew Waterson was gonna walk through her though. I mean Waterson is a former Champion of Invicta, which arguably has the better talent as far as WMMA goes. I thought maybe PVZ was gonna put up a better fight but Waterson's grappling is excellent.

Tbh PVZ and Sage both are not being coddled and are facing real competition. They're marketable because they're attractive and athletic. But if they lose they'll disappear into obscurity.

MMA doesn't coddle anyone.

I don't think the problem is her camp. It's her attitude. She's even worse than Ronda with all the distractions in her life.

MM vs PVZ
human weight championchimps
PVZ for monkey shaker champion at or a black man shouldnt be fighting Rando Rousme Minkus weight let me take off my glasses i'm a bitch WAIT/weight

There was no training that Paige could have done that would have made a difference, because God had other plans for her. What can a mere mortal human do to change God's plans? Better jiu jitsu won't make God submit!

Does this mean that Waterson won due to a PED (Performance Enhancing Deity)?

I've been following the fight game since you were in rubber pants my friend. Women suck at fighting with rare exception such as Cyborg, Ann Wolfe, and Lucia Rijker. Paige and her kind are a joke. Go back to your video games and the bowl of oatmeal your mom made for your breakfast.

You haven't been following combat sports longer than i have that's for sure and you are fucking retard if you don't appreciate women's fighting. Go talk in threads where you actually care about what you is being talked about and stop trying to ruin it for us real fans. Dipshit.

Ho.

Valuable skill set to be the #1 attention seeker

That's what happens when you put a green fighter up against a former champ because she's blonde and photogenic.

PVZ could be good but they need to put her back in the oven until she's done.

I have no idea why TAM trying to turn her into a range kick fighter. She fought best with that aggressive pressure style; she needed more development in that game, not to start over with an entirely new game.

I think drunk Master Thong just likes seeing her jump up and down a lot, thus the moon bounce style.

Back