what are JJs chances to beat both Gus/DC?

Haha. "Squeezed his belt like it was his teddy bear". That's hilarious. :icon_chee

I honestly think its interesting how Jones acts like that in some situations, imo it was a legit question I wanted to share with Shertards. I was very disappointed they gave it only like 5 min before wasteland.

My opinion is that you don't know how probabilities work. I don't even think that is an opinion, tbh.

In any event I'll say this - if Bones can make it through both Gus again (more convincingly than the last, somewhat controversial decision) and DC, then there just might not be anyone who can beat him at LHW. I mean, yeah, on a given night I think just about anyone in a UFC division can beat anyone else in their division, but you know what I mean.

~60%

Still I will wait for his fall and it will be such a beautiful day !

My opinion is that you don't know how probabilities work. I don't even think that is an opinion, tbh.

Feel free to educate me. OR toss a nonsensical one-liner and then say nothing. Either way.
Jones may never fight DC. Jones is fighting Gus next. Is DC really going to put himself on the shelf and wait? Dana might punish him for that if he tries. I think DC could lose to someone like Evans while waiting for a chance against Jones to open up.

As for Gus, I think Jones will fight much like GSP used to in rematches. Jones, like GSP, has a very high fighter IQ, and so I believe he will do much better against Gus next time around. I give him 80% chance of winning a rematch.

As for DC, no one creates and maintains space as well as Jones. DC will have to get to him first. And as we saw against Glover, Jones is able to punish his opponent with a ridiculous variety of techniques from close range and in the clinch in the blink of an eye. Jones is one of the smartest most creative and unpredictable fighters around, which is why predicting how his fights will go can be an act of futility. Who thought he would CHOOSE to fight Teixeira in a phone booth AND thoroughly dominate him? If you told someone that Jones intended to stand toe to toe with Glover and exchange, they would have predicted an easy KO by Glover. It is easy to say (and believe, apparently) that DC will just walk up, grab Jon and throw him on the ground and somehow win the fight by laying on top of a helpless Jones. But reality is far more complicated than that.

The only possible place DC has a chance to win this fight is on the ground. But even on the ground Jones is very dangerous and capable of sweeps, reversals, subs and strikes. And keep in mind that Jon has been taken down just once in his entire career.

Outside of wrestling, Jones is better than DC everywhere, not just in terms of physical skills and abilities, but in fight management/control and adjustments, etc. And let's not forget that Jon himself is a very good MMA wrestler, which means he is skilled enough to realize what DC is doing in terms of positioning and setting up throws and take-downs, as well as understanding how to avoid certain things that give DC opportunities for his wrestling. So I wouldn't dismiss Jones' own wrestling abilities and knowledge.

Bottom line is that you have one man who is world-class superior in a single discipline, and that's about it. Then you have another man who has good skill and understanding of his opponent's strength, but who also has a truckload of skills, speed, cardio, IQ, enormous size advantage, excellent chin, is extremely versatile and dangerous from anywhere, unpredictable, mentally tough and dialed-in, and a history of virtually unprecedented dominance over a long list of legends.

I think the odds favor the fighter with the clearly superior diversity and elite skill across the board rather than the fighter who is dominant in essentially one area.
DC has outstruck everyone he has faced. In fact DC has never lost any aspect of any fight yet so I don't know how to went from that to him only having one skillset.

Also I don't know how you can say JJ has great subs/sweeps from his back when in literally the very next sentence you seem to concede that he was only put there once for a handful of seconds so you wouldn't have grounds to say any of that speculation.

Feel free to educate me. OR toss a nonsensical one-liner and then say nothing. Either way.
There is no reason to multiply the two probabilities with each other, because they don't have anything to do with each other. It's just basic probability theory.

maybe around 50-60% he beats both.

ill proclame him goat if he beats them

Back