What approximate level is Ngannou's jiujitsu and wrestling respectively?

Negative 42. Dude has nothing outside of his power. Watching him fight is like rolling back the mma clock 15 years. With that said he can be champ.

Dude had never done combat sports/sports until 2013.(he just did novice boxing like in like 1 year in his teens, really amateur shit).

He was still able to survive and do well against Stipe, a Privileged first worlder who has done combat sports/sports his whole life.

So his wrestling/BJJ is pretty good...He has pulled some nice subs in the UFC.

Lmao, Stipe only beat Ngannou due to white privilege?

<NoneOfMy>

In a way yes tbh.

Ngannou with stripes privilege would've been way better.

Of course it's true on some level. But you can say that about anyone anywhere anytime. That's the issue with "equality" in that sense.

Obviously Ngannou had an extremely hard upbringing so it's different in that particular case, but at the same time that hard upbringing molded him as a person. And he was gifted genetically like he is by randomness or god. Stipe doesn't have that level of genetics for example, he doesn't have the natural power, size, or speed that Ngannou does. Is that "fair"?

But I'm not trying to get philosophical or argue...I know what you mean and it's true to an extent. But there's tons of guys who didn't wrestle at a young age or have an olympic training program at their finger tips, or happen to train under a great boxing coach, or XYZ. Ngannou started MMA in 2013, so probably started training in 2012 or whatever. Been in the game for 7-8 years now, I don't think there's that much of an excuse for him not to know wrestling. (also not saying he doesn't)

It's not like he was in the sand mines in 2012-2013. He obviously linked up with an MMA gym by that point and they probably were accommodating to him, probably saw the awesome potential in him and trained him for free. Doubt he paid a fee, who knows though. But started in 2012-2013 and made his UFC debut in 2015, he's had plenty of opportunity to learn and train BJJ and wrestling obviously, this isn't entirely an "equality of opportunity" thing.

But yes Stipe probably wrestled as a kid in Ohio, so he had the leg up. But again, did GSP wrestle as a kid? Did Israel Adesanya? I don't believe either man did. Idk my 2 cents rant on it.

Hopefully someone gets this:

Invisible-Boy-Mystery-Men-Kel-Mitchell.jpg

Tell me do you know the intricacies of a standing Kimura ground attack against a trained skilled grappler with only two years experience? No you don't.

This man knows ju jitsu well. He knows it very well.

Back