What annoys you the most ...

Higher belts who get mean when you sweep them. Up your game yeah, but why you mad though?

when you roll with someone and they keep saying there tired and they just lay in your guard and do nothing or you start your top game and they just lay there ..why did you come to class?

I'd think the face that there at least trying would be good enough. In our class if someone says there tired/exhausted there always told to just try to defend/survive. Not coming to class isn't going to improve your cardio.

The only thing that annoys me is when we do positional training and people don't follow the rules. If I just have to pass your guard then man up and get to the back of the line when I do it.

Oh yeah! Neck Cranks!!!

I have a stiff neck pretty much all the time :(

Usually they're not intentional neck cranks, but still...

people who blatantly neck crank, I usually tap straight away, tell them its a neck crank and not legal in BJJ, i used to hate people who would dig there elbows in the thighs (bad technique) but now I dont care and it forces me to be a little more aggressive and get the sweep and torture a little bit ontop

That's pretty disgusting about the walking on the bathroom floor barefoot and going back onto the mat.

There are things that bother me but I try to not let negative thoughts in my head bc it stops me from learning.......that being said haha....

1. Guys who use all strength...I actually stop the roll and tell them when to use strength and when not to (bc its ends up a stallmate and the guy is huffing and puffing bc he has no energy left)
Im not one of those know-it-all douchers or anything, my advise is usually appreciated bc its always a new white belt coming into the advanced class that I help. Hey, guys helped me at that point so I feel its my responsiblity to help others on their way up. Some people on here think that stopping a roll to show someone something is in bad taste, I dont! I roll in class to learn and I imagine that everyone else is there for the same reason. I compete to compete, I train to learn. If anyone blew my advise off I would just stop helping them and move on, but again its usually appreciated

2. Guys who smell like smoke- its totally classless to reek of cigarettes when you know you are going to upclose with someone who is an athlete. I will NOT roll with these guys ever again (unless my instructor partners me up with him)

Back