What annoys you the most ...

I hate when people train with hair gel in there hair. Nothing worse than having greasy smelly hair gel start dripping on your face as you roll. C'mon guys jiu jitsu is not a beauty contest, nobody cares how your hair looks

Yes, but what if you're coming straight from work?

<-- totally guilty of that, by the way... not gel but "product" :redface:

Also people who always pull guard at the start of a roll. You start a roll, they pull guard. Someone taps, you start again, they sit back for guard again. And again. The next time, you decide to sit back for guard, and even when it's obvious that you want to start on bottom, they STILL sit back for guard, forcing you to give in and take top position again or continue the embarrassing spectacle of two guys trying to pull guard on each other...

Why don't you ask him, "Hey, mind if I start from guard this time?"

But yeah, the simultaneous guard pull = lulz. Especially if both guys are trying for half guard and you end up in the scissor position. For some reason it always reminds me of that South Park episode...

273256.jpg

Also people who always pull guard at the start of a roll. You start a roll, they pull guard. Someone taps, you start again, they sit back for guard again. And again. The next time, you decide to sit back for guard, and even when it's obvious that you want to start on bottom, they STILL sit back for guard, forcing you to give in and take top position again or continue the embarrassing spectacle of two guys trying to pull guard on each other...

just tell them that you want to work on your guard.

I always play guard with someone lower belt or lower weight.

If they decide to pull guard, I will just keep working until I pass it and tap them out.

next time, they do not pull guard anymore.

Yes, but what if you're coming straight from work?

<-- totally guilty of that, by the way... not gel but "product" :redface:

Just go to a sink and rinse your hair out a little. Its not that hard and it saves me from having my eyes burn and skin feel all sticky

Why don't you ask him, "Hey, mind if I start from guard this time?"

But yeah, the simultaneous guard pull = lulz. Especially if both guys are trying for half guard and you end up in the scissor position. For some reason it always reminds me of that South Park episode...

273256.jpg

Do NOT tell the guys at your gym this!! LOL

we should start calling the 50/50 the scissor position :icon_chee

I sometimes tell people if i notice there doing something wrong - but never to a higher belt but i wouldnt go against it (well not as far as purple or high end blue), people have small flaws in there game, you should be congratulating the lower belt for noticing that kinda thing - but if the person obviously has no knowledge then yeah STFU(ive had more experienced white belts tell me shit thats wrong tho)

But my "peevs"
1) People who dont wash ( im talkin sweaty feet and having that pissy smell when you get warm,mainly noticed in traingles(leg))

And i think thats it - as long as you clean and aint a dick , tho 1 thing thats ive only experianced once is when some1 couldnt undertatnd the concept of not rolling me complety over my neck staright on - i mean i turned my neck to the side so i wouldnt injure my neck and he thinks imma wheelbarrow outta control and then digging my neck into the floor so it was coming to the point where i had my forehead on the floor while my back was not so.

Another dude slammed me when i had him in a triangle (while rolling BJJ) which seperated my shoulder and caused me to miss training and competing at my first event - tho i think i made a lil mistake in watching the floor instead of jus tucking my neck in - tho it was a poor slam of which coulda broke my neck.

People who explode into armbars like it's the Mundials and tweak my elbow.

I hear ya, people get frustrated with my scrambly defense sometimes and crank them on. I am missing class today because my elbow is jacked up from a cranked armbar.

Here's my list, most of these have already been said:

1. Smelly Gis
2. Know it all's who are white or blue belts.
3. People who hold conversations while rolling ( a little chatting isn't bad, but I don't want to hear about how your dog vomited on your new carpet while I'm trying to submit you)
4. Big/Strong guys who are content to either lay on top of you or put you in their closed guard and do nothing but squeeze their legs and make sure you don't open it.
5. Guys who refuse to work bottom game and will literally try to kick you off of them once you put them on their back.
6. Guys who go way too hard.
7. Excuse makers
8. When people turn down a roll for no reason. (I understand if you're injured, have to leave because of another commitment, etc., but when I hear either "you are too big" or "you are too high of a belt", that irks me a bit.)
9. People who spazz.
10. EGOS

My number two would be spazzers.

How i always end up with no partner, it seems like nobody wants to roll with the girl and when they do they act like little kittens. I didn't come to roll with kittens!:mad:

When the guy who is going to be subbed immediately goes into coaching mode as soon as he is in danger. It's usually the people who have a month of training who do that. When people tap as soon as they get in a bad position is bad as well.

I can not stand those nasty assholes that walk barefoot in the bathroom and then walk back onto the mats. I have to resist the urge to not roll with them again just so I can choke them repeatedly.

If you do this, please wear your damn shoes, I dont care if it takes you 5 minutes extra out of your class time to put on your socks and shoes before you go into the bathroom...stop being a nasty ass.

There are studies that show there is more fecal matter on the floor than on the toilet seat...you want to know where staph comes from? it's from these dirty SoB's

Guys who think they are getting a reverse triangle and are just squeezing your head with their thighs and destroying your ears and jaw.
Lower belts coaching higher belts, unless they are asked because the higher belt saw them do something good.

I can not stand those nasty assholes that walk barefoot in the bathroom and then walk back onto the mats. I have to resist the urge to not roll with them again just so I can choke them repeatedly.

There is no...way...in hell I would tolerate this. I'm a pretty cordial guy, but I would talk mad shit if I saw one of my teammates do that.

Tournaments are the worst. You see all these competitors going into public urinals barefoot or walking into stalls to "cut breakfast weight" and than run back on to the mats to compete. Disgusting motherfuckers. Seriously, how do they even think straight after doing that?

Oh, my actual pet peeve?

Higher belts ducking strong lower belts to avoid getting embarrassed. There is a particular brown belt in my class who is an overweight guy and refuses to roll with anyone except non athletic white belts or women.

No joke.

Everyonce in a while he will roll with a blue belt who is in their 40's, but purple is his cut off.

Again, the danger of getting promoted to soon. You can't get meaningful training anymore because you have to duck all the people who can beat you in order to rationalize your rank.

That really really bothers me.

Again, the danger of getting promoted to soon. You can't get meaningful training anymore because you have to duck all the people who can beat you in order to rationalize your rank.

That really really bothers me.
They should train hard and actually catch up with their rank... I hate that, too.

a 10 year old kid who has trained for a week telling me im doing something wrong as hes tapping out

Back