What about today would most impress a person from 150 years ago?

I think they would complain about everything while ignoring the improvements, like old fashioned people tend to do

probably the abundance of free-flowing electricity and urbanization. Cities like Tokyo, NY and vegas would probably blow their minds.

I think they would be just shocked at how much free time we have to entertain ourselves with movies, video games, etc. and the high standard of living. Dishwashers, super markets, cars, microwaves, washer/dryers, etc. automate their whole day.

I think Tokyo, NY and Vegas would probably blow my mind as well, if I ever went there... ^

I guess modern medicine, modern transportation and computers would be the biggest wows.

I think transportation would be mind blowing.

But the thing they would appreciate the quickest would be how clean we are compared to then.

yeah, hygiene would definitely be a big one.

A couple of years back someone did a thread similar to this but about us going back in time, and hygiene was consistently brought up as one of the most difficult things that we would have to adjust to.

music would be pretty crazy id imagine

pluck someone from 150 years ago and plant them right into a prime Black Flag concert

probably the abundance of free-flowing electricity and urbanization.

Took like four pages for the right answer. Less urbanization than electricity though. Electricity would blow people's minds because it is essentially like "magic" to them.

I first thought airplane, but since birds already fly I'm sure they could imagine humans gaining the ability through machinery. Humans began imagining flying machines forever.

pluck someone from 150 years ago and plant them right into a prime Black Flag concert

Can you imagine some fucking 49'er heading out west to find gold and get a kettle piece of land, then...BAM! Hes got to listen to some shitty EDM. He'd probably decapitate himself with that pick axe he hauled across the country from Akron.

Deadmau5 or Tiesto would sound like the gates of Hell just opened up.

If they just heard it, they would probably think there was still one guy on the base drum, one on the snare, one for the cymbal, etc.

Instead of trying to imagine how someone from 150 years ago would react to our time, how about try to imagine how we would react to the world if we were put 150 years in the future.

I think I'd automatically focus on what the city looks like, what the people look like, and technology (any flying cars yet?!)

No reason to think someone from the past wouldn't think the same thing.

It totally depends on the person if it was a black person they probably be impressed they can walk down the street and live in peace for the most part...

Where do you live?

astronauts-fingernails-hands-shuttle_24798_990x742.jpg

This.

How hot women in 2014 are compared to 1864.

Then all the smart phones, computer, technology, etc

Back