What about today would most impress a person from 150 years ago?

Wouldn't 150 years ago be around the time of Jules Verne, smack dab in the industrialization where the civilized world developed faster than ever before and when various sci-fi authors made wild predictions about our time? I'm guessing our technology wouldn't seem too impressive as some have said in this thread.

Wouldn't 150 years ago be around the time of Jules Verne, smack dab in the industrialization where the civilized world developed faster than ever before and when various sci-fi authors made wild predictions about our time? I'm guessing our technology wouldn't seem too impressive as some have said in this thread.

You bring up a very good point. I wonder what they would be most disappointed with now. My guess would be lack of hoverboards.

I dont think space travel simply because people have always imagined it and thought it within the realm of possibility. but if you told anyone that there is an internet where you can find litterally anything and its accessible from a computer, laptop, phone etc, their mind would be blown.

He would be unimpressed with our lack of flying carriage.

Leonardo da Vinci was sketching helicopters 500 years ago.

That's the thing with technology. It's conceivable LOOOOONG before it can be executed. Other than a few unforseeable things--the internet, mainly--they'll have some familiarity with almost everything we have, even if its just from Sci-fi novels.

Technology always has a clear explanation--time. Culture doesn't.

I'm not buying it. I hear what you are saying I just dont agree. The current Culture would not be all that mind blowing over the current technology. Im sure people have imagined man flying for thousands of years doesnt mean their minds would be more blown over the difference in culture than stepping on a plane and flying in the sky.

There's too many to name, majority would be social, but for now:

colored people allow to have rights
women rights
technology (p0rn and travel to be specific)
LGBQT

150 years ago would be 1864, weren't Irish and Italians considered not white back then?

There's too many to name, majority would be social, but for now:

colored people allow to have rights
women rights
technology (p0rn and travel to be specific)
LGBQT

150 years ago would be 1864, weren't Irish and Italians considered not white back then?

the american civil war ended in 1865 I doubt anyone back thens mind would be blown from a black man being able to vote over flying 30,000 ft in the air at fater than the speed of sound. just sayin...

How slutty or 'sexually liberated' the girls are

Integrated public facilities

I don't know if they'd be impressed or just plain angry.

Back