What about Mosley vs. Hatton?

Dragonstyle915

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Since Zab is taking another fight whats up with Shane Mosley now? Who will he be fighting next?

Personally. I think if I was Shane Mosley's manager I would try to find him the biggest name which he could beat that is out there. To me that name is Ricky Hatton. Im not saying this would be the best fight for Hatton to take or for Boxing fans but it would be perfect for Shane Mosley.

They both work with the same promotion. They're both decent names. I think it would sell so-so PPV numbers. Or do good for an HBO fight. Businesswise it would make sense for both sides.

If Ricky Hatton is serious about fighting Floyd Mayweather again then he has to show the world he can actually put up a better fight next time and that he has improved and especially improved mentally. A victory over Shane Mosley can actually make a second fight with Mayweather tempting. Do I think he can beat Mosley? No I dont. But I think Mosley is more beatable than for Hatton than Cotto, for example, is.

For Sugar Shane Mosley this is a beatable opponent who is a big name and can put him back on the limelight.

Well, I think it would be interesting. Especially if Hatton is thinking of going up to 147 pounds. What you all think?

Mosley will not fight at 140 and the only way Hatton fights again at 147 is get get his ass beat by Floyed, again. Hatton will fight Floyed at 147 and then be to much for Manny at 140(but not for certain). Also, Mosley is considerably stronger than Lil Floyed and would never be even slightly hurt by anything Hatton hits him with, he would LOL at Hattons power. Hatton can make bigger money gettin his ass beat by Floyed or maybe ODLH(147) and walk in to the sunset against Manny. Why would he wanna get smashed by Mosley as well? I would like to see Mosley fight the winner or loser of Cotto/Marg. if Floyed decides to go to jolly old England in the mean time.

Mosley will not fight at 140 and the only way Hatton fights again at 147 is get get his ass beat by Floyed, again. Hatton will fight Floyed at 147 and then be to much for Manny at 140(but not for certain). Also, Mosley is considerably stronger than Lil Floyed and would never be even slightly hurt by anything Hatton hits him with, he would LOL at Hattons power. Hatton can make bigger money gettin his ass beat by Floyed or maybe ODLH(147) and walk in to the sunset against Manny. Why would he wanna get smashed by Mosley as well? I would like to see Mosley fight the winner or loser of Cotto/Marg. if Floyed decides to go to jolly old England in the mean time.

I agree that Mosley would beat Hatton. I dont know about LOL'ing at Hatton's punches, but Im sure he can take Hatton's shots. For Ricky Hatton this would be good money. It wouldnt be shared with another promotion and PPV's in England alone would do him good.

From what I see though. Whether you think Ricky Hatton would be smart to take it or not you cant rule it out. For Mosley this would be a good opportunity to beat a big name and put him self back in the mix.

If that doesnt work who else should Mosley fight? Sure the winner of Cotto vs. Margarito but fact is he has been ready for a fight vs. Zab, got in shape, and has no opponent set up. Who should he fight? I dont see why Hatton would need longer than July to lick his wounds from the fight with Lazcano

It's ruled out by the fact that Ricky's only going to come back up to 147 to lose a Fight if it's to the second-highest draw in the game aside from DLH.

mosley might kill hatton, floyd don't crack nearly as hard and isn't nearly as strong; unless shane has nothing left, hatton beats him the fuck up

hatton ahould just wait for manny and not consider going back up unless its to fight oscar

I agree that Mosley would beat Hatton. I dont know about LOL'ing at Hatton's punches, but Im sure he can take Hatton's shots. For Ricky Hatton this would be good money. It wouldnt be shared with another promotion and PPV's in England alone would do him good.

From what I see though. Whether you think Ricky Hatton would be smart to take it or not you cant rule it out. For Mosley this would be a good opportunity to beat a big name and put him self back in the mix.

If that doesnt work who else should Mosley fight? Sure the winner of Cotto vs. Margarito but fact is he has been ready for a fight vs. Zab, got in shape, and has no opponent set up. Who should he fight? I dont see why Hatton would need longer than July to lick his wounds from the fight with Lazcano

Now that I think about it I would love for Hatton to get creamed by Mosley, it would make Hatton/PBF look silly. This way Floyed would have to fight Cotto/Marg or Mosley, all competitive fights. Also, Mosley is very much "in the mix" and fighting Hatton(even though it wont happen) would do nothing to increase that. Mosley being hurt by Hatton, LOL.

Mosley stops Hatton rather easily. Hatton knows he has no business being at 147, tried it and has looked awful both times.

Mosley stops Hatton rather easily. Hatton knows he has no business being at 147, tried it and has looked awful both times.

I dont think anything is easy against hatton.. he's just a tough fighter to look good against.. however, Mosely would be way too strong for him in the clinch and would knock him out.

That would be a money fight I dont think Ricky wants to give up size again. Sugar Shane is due for another big fight, i would love to see it.

If Quintana beats Williams again, Quintana/Mosley could be fun, though maybe nt the draw Mosley is looking for.

Hatton does not have any advantages against Shane- Shane is stronger, faster, has better boxing skills than Hatton.

Hatton should have lost to Callazo, and we all saw what happened when Mosley fought Callazo...

Hatton does not have any advantages against Shane- Shane is stronger, faster, has better boxing skills than Hatton.

I agree. But if you were Shane Mosley's Manager tell me you wouldnt try to make the fight happen? I still think it would be the best draw out there for Shane where he can win the fight.

I agree. But if you were Shane Mosley's Manager tell me you wouldnt try to make the fight happen? I still think it would be the best draw out there for Shane where he can win the fight.

Yes, good draw for SSM, but not a good showing for Hatton. He would lose once again in the 147 lb. division. As King mentioned, we saw how Hatton did against Collazo, and how SSM did against Collazo.

HAtton said Floyds punches were too much for him. I doubt he wants Mosley, who has better hands and arguably better power.

HAtton said Floyds punches were too much for him. I doubt he wants Mosley, who has better hands and arguably better power.

You mean better power and arguably better hands(which he used to but doesnt anymore IMO). BTW, I loved the piece you did in the heavies about that Croatian kid not being able to fight under pressure like his hero CC, the nuthuggers started crying LOL.

You mean better power and arguably better hands(which he used to but doesnt anymore IMO). BTW, I loved the piece you did in the heavies about that Croatian kid not being able to fight under pressure like his hero CC, the nuthuggers started crying LOL.

It was true. The guy won the fight and impressively but every time his opponent came forward... it was just like CRocop, take away his aggression and distance and hes crippled.

Back