What About Chris Cariaso

Project 86

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
didn't see any threads on him at all after his performance

i was really impressed with this guy for as small as he is his talent made up for it he was crisp technical striking,very good tdd,and when taken down got back to his feet,very brutal leg kicks aswell

he pretty much tooled his much larger opponent

He's very good but not typically in great fights. Underrated mostly because he's not the most exciting.

I expected better from him.

Did good but can't say his stock lifted with that fight.

He's one of the most underrated fighters in the ufc IMO.

He's alright. Had a close fight with McDonald though, that's something?

I thought he lost his fights against Martinez and Mizugaki. Although he looked really good in his last fight, he's never impressed me much.

Then again... He was making Moraga look silly before getting choked out, and Moraga became a title contender not long after.

Agreed, not too many other options for Benavidez at the moment either.

If Chris waits, they could wind up doing the Cariaso vs Pickett/McCall matchup, just to give the winner of the Dublin fight another name on their resume (I'd favor both over Cariaso.) then, make Benavidez/Gaudinot for the San Jose card. At least, that's what I hope.

I thought he lost his fights against Martinez and Mizugaki.

I think most people thought he lost against Miz. If I remember correctly, Takeya was also paid his win bonus, according to the ufc 144 post fight conference.

He should be more aggressive he actually was far too much defensive in the first 2 rounds, let himself even get bullied in the clinch by taller fighter. He should easily take him down i think. Maybe doesn't posses killer instinct.

If Chris waits, they could wind up doing the Cariaso vs Pickett/McCall matchup, just to give the winner of the Dublin fight another name on their resume (I'd favor both over Cariaso.) then, make Benavidez/Gaudinot for the San Jose card. At least, that's what I hope.

If he's willing to wait, maybe winner of Scoggins/Ortiz?

I thought he looked really good. Good scrap, too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F5CHAMPIONSHIP
Back