What a joke

Have people forgot that Sonnen got a tuf season and title shot based solely on talk, with absolutely zero relevant wins at LHW, and one of the lowest finishing rates in the entire UFC?

I don't usually like the guys who talk a ton of trash, but Connor's a decent threat on the feet and has finished four out of five against credible opponents. There's no one left at FW with a better claim who hasn't already fought Aldo. Can't see how people can really complain about this... It will even bring a lot more attention to a division that very much deserves it. It's a win, win for everyone really.

Youre not bias right ts.

You get a title shot by going on a massive win streak in your division, finishing multiple top 10 guys, and pretty much everyone in your wake, becoming a superstar and generating more mainstream buzz than any other fighter in the UFC not named Lesnar or Punk.

so you get a title shot now by beating dennis fucking siver??

lol ufc is a joke

This is just stupid. Siver is a legit threat. Took Cub to the third and was beating him until he got caught. Fought guys like Cerrone who are double his size. Yeah a real joke.

Siver is a class act. He stood bye while the company he works for shit all over him and he held himself well.

He is a solid, seasoned vet and a great asset to the UFC. Siver is far from an easy win. He got rocked with head kicks and lost. A good fight.

But to degrade a fighter you know nothing about is stupid.

The biggest joke was Rogan keep hyping up Siver during and after the fight. Everyone knew he had no chance.

Just watched the fight for the second time, honestly I think Siver was having his way with McGregor until he got caught. Dude gets a title shot by barely getting by Siver. Ok

Not according to Rogan and Goldie........I listened to the fight over without watching it and it sounded like Siver might have grazed Conner twice while getting hit repeatedly by an axe at least 1000 times only to be run over by a Panzer just because Conner mercifully put him out of his misery. I think Rogan mentioned that the fight should have been stopped at the 2 min mark as Conner predicted but Herb Dean missed 3 min of the round selling popcorn in the stands.

Last edited:
Do you mean to tell me that you would truly rather see Edgar in a rematch over McGregor?

I can honestly say at this point yes. I'd rather see him fight someone like Edgar or Mendes to see how he fares then give him the shot.

he IS a joke! listen to him moaning about everyone going on about him being all talk, poor lamb. he can't seem to work out that it's because he's ALWAYS talking that people remember the talking.
personally i can't stand fighters who are rude and give no respect to another fighter. if he is that good, then he doesn't have to be an unpleasant human being.

the jump over the fence was pure WWE!
i can see what he is trying to create with his persona as a fighter, but he isn't doing it quite right. instead of endearing himself to people[like ali for instance] he alienates most people. he's a dick.

He played with Siver, no threat to him whatsoever. After that performance, it's obvious that he'll do the same to Aldo. He's on a completely different level to Aldo and the rest of the featherweight division.

You're pretty much delusional. Come back to planet Earth and realize that Aldo is 100x better than Dennis Siver.

Fucking Irish fans are unbelievably annoying.

I could use one. I am an MMA fan for like 12 years and starting to enjoy it less and less. Sucks bro.

Ahh come on man, I wouldn't let one guy and his antics or a card you didn't really enjoy turn you off the sport. There's still plenty of good fights coming up to look forward to in the next few months. And then there are always the cards that don't look 'good' on paper but turn out to be excellent.

I can honestly say at this point yes. I'd rather see him fight someone like Edgar or Mendes to see how he fares then give him the shot.

Delicious tears, yummy. Will there be more once Conor wins the gold?

You're pretty much delusional. Come back to planet Earth and realize that Aldo is 100x better than Dennis Siver.

Fucking Irish fans are unbelievably annoying.

Also applies to any fans who cheer for fighters SIMPLY based on sharing the same nationality.

It is sad but hey this is nothing newb for the ufc.

Fuuck it let Aldo spank this kid around a bit.

5-0 in the UFC with 4 finishes.

Brock was 1-1 with 0 finishes when he got his.

Ahh come on man, I wouldn't let one guy and his antics or a card you didn't really enjoy turn you off the sport. There's still plenty of good fights coming up to look forward to in the next few months. And then there are always the cards that don't look 'good' on paper but turn out to be excellent.

Oh it's not just the conor antics, its tons of others as well, overall I'm just noticing I'm not giving nearly as much of a fuck about watching MMA as I've used to. It's becoming like a bit of a chore, and the commercials make me cringe since TUF. I'd rather just find out who won and how, then decide whether I want to watch the actual fight at this point... Fights are generally good but it's the production I can't stand.

He played with Siver, no threat to him whatsoever. After that performance, it's obvious that he'll do the same to Aldo. He's on a completely different level to Aldo and the rest of the featherweight division.

This.

It's even more amazing when you compare it to other divisions.

It'd be like Phil Davis getting a title shot after beating Jimi Manuwa.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back