what a epic fail ufc about ufc 229

If I were Ray Borg I'd buy a ticket to UFC 229 and force Conor to pull out of the main event

<DCWhoa>

There's no way the UFC can force a fighter to not attend any UFC event by paying their own ticket. Ray Borg can destroy Conor's career like this until Conor pays him whatever he's asking.
Roy Borg gets a last minute job in Khabibs corner scuppering the fight as Buffer is about to announce the fighters

If I were Ray Borg I'd buy a ticket to UFC 229 and force Conor to pull out of the main event

<DCWhoa>

There's no way the UFC can force a fighter to not attend any UFC event by paying their own ticket. Ray Borg can destroy Conor's career like this until Conor pays him whatever he's asking.
I think by doing that it would nullify the protection order, I think that is how it works in my state at least

lol hes on that bum card instead of the lottery card

I think by doing that it would nullify the protection order, I think that is how it works in my state at least
yeah...
I don't know much about restraining orders but I'm pretty sure you can't file one against somebody and then go around stalking them and making them leave places, especially their place of employment. That's pretty basic common sense.

Borg and Chiesa wrote themselves tickets to never be on a Conor card again, which are the biggest cards a fighter can be on, most exposure, highest viewership, etc.

Ray Borg is getting cut as soon as the opportunity arises

Imagine being best known for just happening to be in the bus Conor attacked.

no they didn't know he had it. so he cant be in vegas when conor is.
Borg Is incredibly stupid for barring himself from fighting on the same card as the biggest draw in the sport.

Amazing would be someone knowing this.

<DCWhoa>

That's clearly not how a restraining order works.

How much are Borg and Chisea really gonna get off this? It probably won't be worth it once the lawyers take their cut, they lose respect of UFC/Fans, and all the paperwork. Should have just settled or looked to benefit in a more creative way than hire a ambulance chaser.

That's clearly not how a restraining order works.

First of all it's an order of protection, not restraining order; secondly there have been many cases where protection orders have gotten people fired from their jobs because they cannot show up at the job site, and husband being forced out of homes because they can't be near their wives. The way these orders work is Conor McGregor will have to avoid Ray Borg at all costs, not the other way around.

so what again is the epic fail?

an epic fail would be if ray borg got ppv points and ensured he'd never be on a conor card...

First of all it's an order of protection, not restraining order; secondly there have been many cases where protection orders have gotten people fired from their jobs because they cannot show up at the job site, and husband being forced out of homes because they can't be near their wives. The way these orders work is Conor McGregor will have to avoid Ray Borg at all costs, not the other way around.
but borg can't just show up places and force conor to leave when it's conor's workplace not borg's.

although i don't doubt you know way more about orders of protection than i do...

<DCWhoa>

Great Idea. Is that how restraining orders actually work ? You can go wherever the guy is and make him leave ? That sound a bit too much

So Ray Borg could literally chase after Conor McGregor and Conor would be forced to run away? What if they got to the ocean? Conor would have to start swimming? What if there was a cliff, Conor has to jump off the cliff or get arrested? If Ray Borg wants to pretty much end Conor's life he has carte blanche to do so, just by chasing Conor around non-stop, never letting him eat, never letting him earn an income, and this is all perfectly fine because he has an order of protection?

Last edited:
So Ray Borg could literally chase after Conor McGregor and Conor would be forced to run away? What if they got to the ocean? Conor would have to start swimming? What if there was a cliff, Conor has to jump off the cliff or get arrested? If Ray Borg wants to pretty much end Conor's he has carte blanche to do so, just by chasing Conor around non-stop, never letting him eat, never letting him earn an income, and this is all perfectly fine because he has an order of protection?

Don't use logic and common sense man, this is sherdog, what are you thinking?!

So does Conor have to officially call dibs on a city as soon as he arrives, so if he gets taken to court he can use the 'I was there first' defense?

Back