What 3 things would you Change about the UFC?

If you we're able to change 3 things about the UFC. What would you change and why. What do you think would truly make a better product than what they are making now. Also it can be whatever you want. Use your imagination. More ring girls, less. No ring girls. More fighter pay, no fighter pay. Get Rid of Dana, more cross promotion. The skies the limit.

1. I would allow knee's and head kicks to a downed opponent.

2. Bring back tournaments or mini tournaments and then Title fights.

3. More stacked ppvs and less of them a year.

Who knows, would be dumb. So many injuries and replacements but more fireworks.

I love love love the tournaments too!

My top 3 is pretty easy

1. No more PPVs

No I am not cheap, it creates a ceiling which is significant to stop casual fans getting into UFC. The cost of watching every PPV in the year is massive. You can't complete with traditional sports when your biggest events aren't easy for viewers to access. This obviously needs to be offset by a big TV deal with ESPN but isn't as unrealistic as some might think.

2. Fix Fighter pay/conditions

Everyone who fights in the UFC twice a year should be earning enough to be a professional athlete and no need a side hustle. The bottom needs a big bump. Remove indefinite contracts and instead have a specified non-compete time. Make every title fight 1 million minimum. This would be great for marketing and probably doesn't change the pay that much as I think about half of the title fights they would earn in excess of million anyway. UFC can take the million out of the fighter contract for the fight (if they would have earned less they get a million, if they would have earned more the million comes out of that). Having giant million dollar check would be awesome for hyping the not so interesting title fights. Give it to the interims too! UFC could do this but increasing the revenue share % by less than 1%.

3. Do something about women's featherweight

It is either has to go or they have to sign fighters. Currently Nunes holding that belt is a complete joke. Get Kayla in there. Sign at least enough women to fill out the ranks or just cut it. I don't really care which way they go personally but it is a joke currently.

1. Fire Dana white, and the majority of the higher up staff including Sean shelby. Also fire Bruce buffer.
2. Invest in employees who actually are able to promote and scout talent properly.
3. Secure a platform/television/streaming deal that doesn't rely on ppvs and has a more affordable easier point of access.
The UFC have to be bled dry on potential missed profit from events due to extreme pay per view prices and the ease of streaming. Pay per view is dead and expired.
It is so damn easy to just go and stream a card for free. The average fan is well aware how to utilize the internet and vpns to gain free access. It's a joke honestly anybody is willing to pay upwards to 70 dollars for something they could get free
On top of that, you have the biggest used car sales men ego maniac piece of shit hot head as the face of your company.
If you disagree with him you suffer as an athlete. That is zero way to do business and maximize success.
Fedor single handily isn't in the UFC because of that HGH filled high blood pressured clown

My top 3 is pretty easy

1. No more PPVs

No I am not cheap, it creates a ceiling which is significant to stop casual fans getting into UFC. The cost of watching every PPV in the year is massive. You can't complete with traditional sports when your biggest events aren't easy for viewers to access. This obviously needs to be offset by a big TV deal with ESPN but isn't as unrealistic as some might think.

Everyone who fights in the UFC twice a year should be earning enough to be a professional athlete and no need a side hustle. The bottom needs a big bump. Remove indefinite contracts and instead have a specified non-compete time. Make every title fight 1 million minimum. This would be great for marketing and probably doesn't change the pay that much as I think about half of the title fights they would earn in excess of million anyway. UFC can take the million out of the fighter contract for the fight (if they would have earned less they get a million, if they would have earned more the million comes out of that). Having giant million dollar check would be awesome for hyping the not so interesting title fights. Give it to the interims too! UFC could do this but increasing the revenue share % by less than 1%.

It is either has to go or they have to sign fighters. Currently Nunes holding that belt is a complete joke. Get Kayla in there. Sign at least enough women to fill out the ranks or just cut it. I don't really care which way they go personally but it is a joke currently.
Womens featherweight should be women's heavyweight.
The fact there is a talent at 155 that would bring in big money against Nunes goes to show how clueless the UFC is.
Nunes is hardly a big draw.
A big fight like that would do wonders.
They dont even have a fw ranking it's so desolate.
Scrap it, and make like, 147-170 or some shit women's heavyweight

My top 3 is pretty easy

1. No more PPVs

No ppv is interesting and I wonder how successful it could be. I agree with fighter pay. At the very least for the top 15-20. Some of the pay is a straight up Joke.
Like womens MMA and I know that's unpopular around here. I just don't think it's been around as long and it might take some years for it to have the depth that men's classes does. Yeah more fighters and they should change the weight class names and have 3 Max. I don't know but the way they build talent with men doesn't work as well with wmma. Pretty solid changes. Thanks dude.

Womens featherweight should be women's heavyweight.
The fact there is a talent at 155 that would bring in big money against Nunes goes to show how clueless the UFC is.
Nunes is hardly a big draw.
A big fight like that would do wonders.
They dont even have a fw ranking it's so desolate.
Scrap it, and make like, 147-170 or some shit women's heavyweight
That's a really good idea. Change women's weight classes. I just agreed with you the comment above. <PlusJuan>

1. Fire Dana white, and the majority of the higher up staff including Sean shelby. Also fire Bruce buffer.
2. Invest in employees who actually are able to promote and scout talent properly.
3. Secure a platform/television/streaming deal that doesn't rely on ppvs and has a more affordable easier point of access.
The UFC have to be bled dry on potential missed profit from events due to extreme pay per view prices and the ease of streaming. Pay per view is dead and expired.
It is so damn easy to just go and stream a card for free. The average fan is well aware how to utilize the internet and vpns to gain free access. It's a joke honestly anybody is willing to pay upwards to 70 dollars for something they could get free
On top of that, you have the biggest used car sales men ego maniac piece of shit hot head as the face of your company.
If you disagree with him you suffer as an athlete. That is zero way to do business and maximize success.
Fedor single handily isn't in the UFC because of that HGH filled high blood pressured clown
I don't agree with Dana and his politics but a single person running things as sort of a creative control, creative director and having a focused brand is what UFC does right. So maybe with someone with the love of the fight game.and less of a douchebag with a centered and focused vision could be a very different and good face of MMA.

1. A way to plug into the matrix and fight so fighters don't receive real damage, but still feel pain somehow so it doesn't change the dynamic of the fight. It might take a couple weeks to perfect the technology, though.

2. Change the boring post-fight interview questions, they are all the same all the time.

3. Lay & Pray / Wall & Stall penalties.

1. A way to plug into the matrix and fight so fighters don't receive real damage, but still feel pain somehow so it doesn't change the dynamic of the fight. It might take a couple weeks to perfect the technology, though

but if yur killed in the matrix .. you die here.. your mind makes it real.
_______
1. Get rid of the pay per view model. Include every event on espn for no extra charge
2. Better pay for fighters in every aspect including Letting them have their own sponsors
3. Fix all broken aspects of judging and reffing

Last edited:
No ppv is interesting and I wonder how successful it could be. I agree with fighter pay. At the very least for the top 15-20. Some of the pay is a straight up Joke.
Like womens MMA and I know that's unpopular around here. I just don't think it's been around as long and it might take some years for it to have the depth that men's classes does. Yeah more fighters and they should change the weight class names and have 3 Max. I don't know but the way they build talent with men doesn't work as well with wmma. Pretty solid changes. Thanks dude.

No PPV only works if the UFC can replace it with a similar sized TV deal. Seems possible to me with the sized TV deals. If it isn't possible it should be the aim of the UFC. The PFL final wasn't PPV Australia, although I don't know if it was in the USA. It is why getting fight nights on ESPN was a big deal, got more eyeballs on the sport.

I don't mind WMMA and it will take time to catch up with men, but they deserve the chance and time to do it. The problem with women's FW is the UFC has less than signed fighters than fingers on your hand. Then Nunes keeps calling out fighters and telling them to move up and fight her which is a joke, like Nunes is favored enough already. Bring in Kayla to wrestlefuck her IMO.

1. if fights Are somewhat close, make the judges decide on a 4th round. Then the real winner would be determined, and it would be less demanding to find good judges.

2. Make a tournament & fight for the belt twice a year.

3. only 3 rd fights.

I'd make Conor fight Khabib the third Friday of every month and pay the fellas a little bit more and also I'd get rid of all the new guys I've never heard of and don't have time to figure out.

1. if fights Are somewhat close, make the judges decide on a 4th round. Then the real winner would be determined, and it would be less demanding to find good judges.

2. Make a tournament & fight for the belt twice a year.

3. only 3 rd fights.
Sudden death Round could be awesome. Only a finish wins the fight.

Increase backroom bonuses ($1000 for every spinning move attempted, Best facial hair of the night bonus, etc..)
Increase the commentary booth to 7, but fire all the people and replace them with chimpanzees with headsets.
Make Dana White the ring girl for every round of every fight at gunpoint.

I would make it illegal to hurt the opponent, did you not notice this sport is very violent, and that causes people to feel pain and then to be sad and even have bruises sometimes. That could be easily avoided, sometimes I cry thinking of all these guys getting hurt.
Stop the violence. Just hug.

Less weight classes, including an open weight class.

Have a one night 3 round fight tournament style competition where you don't know exactly who you will see fighting untill that night, no more of this pick your own fight bullshit by the fighters.

Less pay per view cards, but have them more stacked with top fighters. Have the UFC follow a similar model to the old pro wrestling days where the jobbers would fight on certain days or times or whatever, the new guys could earn their way up a legit ranking system, but then have the top fighters working on big exciting cards. Not one or two good fights, then a big percent of the rest of the card is with fighters no one knows.

1. Legalise all kinds of strikes to a downed opponent and to the back of the head. Legalise headbutts and 12-6 elbows.

2. First Foul is a 10% fine. Second Foul is a point deduction. Third Foul is a DQ Loss. NO exceptions

3. All WMMA bouts are restricted to the prelims. Top 5 WMMA contender bouts are permitted to be on Fight Night Main cards (Not Main Event slot). Only WMMA Title bouts are permitted to be on PPV Main Cards.

I'd also change weigh-ins to the same day of the fight but the above are my Top 3 changes.

Back