What’s Ronda’s best win?

Getting some guy to actually date her.

Miesha is absolutely a good win. Strikeforce and UFC champ, beat Marloes Coenen and Holly for them.
Ronda has a lot of good wins, it’s hard to zero in on one. Miesha or Cat probably. But she’s got Budd, Kaufman, Davis, Miesha…. That’s why Ronda is #2 WMMA GOAT. She had a great career.

Yeah, regardless of Tate's Hail Mary against Holm to finally win the UFC belt, Miesha Tate is a good win. Especially given Rousey beat her 3 times, right? I think we saw a mini evolution when Nunes got better and won the belt. A similar evolution to when Anderson Silva won the MW belt. so it's a tough comparison for Rousey,

Edit: I was corrected. Rousey only beat Tate twice.

Tate won the same belt twice in every meaningful sense. The women's BW UFC belt was brought over from Strikeforce with the whole division. Same with the men's 135 and 145 from the WEC. Tate had that belt, lost it to Ronda, which is how Ronda became UFC champ, and then won it back from Holm.

As far as Ronda's best win, I'd say Zingano, but Tate x2 was a big accomplishment at the time as well.

Tate won the same belt twice in every meaningful sense. The women's BW UFC belt was brought over from Strikeforce with the whole division. Same with the men's 135 and 145 from the WEC. Tate had that belt, lost it to Ronda, which is how Ronda became UFC champ, and then won it back from Holm.

Well, that's a stronger case than I made for a win of Tate being a solid win.

Miesha IMO. I mean you can't discredit the Cat win, but holy shit did Cat go full retard.

Yeah, regardless of Tate's Hail Mary against Holm to finally win the UFC belt, Miesha Tate is a good win. Especially given Rousey beat her 3 times, right? I think we saw a mini evolution when Nunes got better and won the belt. A similar evolution to when Anderson Silva won the MW belt. so it's a tough comparison for Rousey,

Edit: I was corrected. Rousey only beat Tate twice.
Twice*

Miesha Tate? I’m trying to take a non biased and objective look at her career. Is Miesha a good win though?
Ronda was imho the WMMA GOAT before Nunez defended the belt she destroyed Cyborg to earn.

Ronda was just so good she made all the girls she fought look like shit, including Miesha tate. There is no such thing as a fluke sub till somebody passes out(like she meisha did against holme)

I'd say it was Cat Zingano.
Now it doesn't seem like much but at the time she just finished Tate and Amanda fucking Nunes (granted she didn't turn that corner yet, but still).

The way she handled her in seconds was mind blowing at the time.

Never quite managed to get on board with the cult of personality thing (plus Ronda seems like just a shitty person), but MMA misses Ronda, she seemed invincible and had that buzz around her I've rarely seen.

She'd probably still be up there among the contenders. WMMA divisions are paper thin.
People will make any excuses to discredit the streak that Zingano was on, which included finishing Miesha and and Nunez.

Twice*

Ronda was imho the WMMA GOAT before Nunez defended the belt she destroyed Cyborg to earn.

Ronda was just so good she made all the girls she fought look like shit, including Miesha tate. There is no such thing as a fluke sub till somebody passes out(like she meisha did against holme)

People will make any excuses to discredit the streak that Zingano was on, which included finishing Miesha and and Nunez.

go back and look at my edit made before you saw my post.

In retrospect, probably not. But at the time it was a matchup of two undefeated Olympic medalists, and Rousey ran right through her.

Yeah, that was kind of a cool angle, especially with WMMA being so new. Having those medals gave the fight some extra legitimacy. Like, I think Sara McMann isn't a very good fighter, but she was no soccer mom. She was physically strong, had a good skillset in wrestling, and she was disciplined and tough. But man, her skillset never really broadened out at all.

Back