What’s next for Sodiq Yussuf?

Zebra Cheeks

Cheeky Bastard
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Following his dominant win over Andre Filli, Yussuf has been moved to rank #14 in the UFC Featherweight rankings. He dominated the first two rounds, but did unfortunately coast to a decision victory. Right now he’s got quite a few options. I think pairing up with Calvin Kattar isn’t a bad idea since Jeremy Stephens pulled out of that fight.

dV0DhSq-_400x400.jpg

How far do you think Yussuf can go? Does he have top 5 potential? Championship? Let me know what you think.

Last edited:
Not yet top5. Guys like Bektic, Dan ige etc are for now, still better

A lot of good fights for him there.

Kattar, Emmett, Stephens all sound good to me.

I ve never heard of him,, if it was years ago i d know but now days only watch some main events

Not quite sold on Yusuff yet. Didn't love the Fili fight. Don't really think he did enough to warrant a big step up. Feel like even a guy like Bektic, who is lower top-15, would make Yusuff pay.
I think give him at least one more fight outside the top-15 before stepping up in competition. Maybe even two fights to give him more time to develop skill and experience.

Not quite sold on Yusuff yet. Didn't love the Fili fight. Don't really think he did enough to warrant a big step up. Feel like even a guy like Bektic, who is lower top-15, would make Yusuff pay.
I think give him at least one more fight outside the top-15 before stepping up in competition. Maybe even two fights to give him more time to develop skill and experience.
Agree.

First a guy ranked 10 or under, then he can attack the top of the division. My thoughts only.

I like Yussuf but that performance was far from dominant as you claim.

Following his dominant win over Andre Filli, Yussuf has been moved to rank #14 in the UFC Featherweight rankings. He dominated the first two rounds, but did unfortunately coast to a decision victory. Right now he’s got quite a few options. I think pairing up with Calvin Kattar isn’t a bad idea since Jeremy Stephens pulled out of that fight.

dV0DhSq-_400x400.jpg

How far do you think Yussuf can go? Does he have top 5 potential? Championship? Let me know what you think.

burgos
lamas
charles rosa
hakeem the dream
jourdain
bryce mitchell

Might be time for a veteran contender litmus test. Jeremy Stephens or Cub Swanson.

I think two is excessive. Filli is a legit guy it’s not like he just bounced a scrub. I think you have to go fight-by-fight and see how quick to develop him, but I understand the logic of not giving him a ranked opponent yet

Back