What’s next for Katlyn Chookagian and the 125 division?

Valentina has already cleared out all challengers in dominant fashion. Shookagian is currently on a win streak and probably the most deserving of a title fight despite being dominated by Valentina not too long ago.

Unless Val moves up to fight Amanda there seem to be no fights left for her that are even decent.
Q. What’s next for Katlyn Chookagian and the 125 division?

A. Learn to finish a chicken sandwich. And then be brave and try to PROGRESS on from that monumental achievement and attempt to finish an opponent via Sub or KO.

Chook is in the happy position of earning more to outpoint up and comers than she would make with another title challenge. The UFC can't be happy paying her so much to bore the customers while setting back the progress of potential prospects.

Really they should let her go to Bellator. It would be good for the law suits and she can rematch Carmouche.

She doesn't deserve a thread on sherdog after a fight like that

As long as Lauren Murphy takes care of business vs Jojo Calderwood when they fight next month, she'll be next. She'll be on a 5 fight win streak and will have earned the opportunity to get brutalized by Shevchenko.

If she loses to Calderwood.... just fold the division and let Nunes/Valentina fight 10 times in a row until they retire.

Even as a fan of the ladies. That division is trash. Why does Shevchenko keep ducking Amanda?

Q. What’s next for Katlyn Chookagian and the 125 division?

A. Learn to finish a chicken sandwich. And then be brave and try to PROGRESS on from that monumental achievement and attempt to finish an opponent via Sub or KO.

This would be interesting for the LOLs ... force the women to make a sandwich (for Dana, the ref, or one of the judges) before they get into the octagon.

There are some good prospects outside of UFC

for example Bleda (3-0) in professionals and (6-0) in amateurs.

She is just 19yo, give her year or two and she will be ready to compete with top flyweights.

I was hoping Araujo would KO her and start her downward momentum. Still think Ara won but whatever...

As for what's next - more of the same - against who - um....she is such a spoiler....maybe go and get some losses back? Val will jus embarrass her again so obv not that one.

Chookagian vs Lee. I know lee is coming off of 3 Ls beofr beating Antonina but they were all split-decisions that she arguably won.

Whilst technically fairly sound and pretty strong she'll get out struck standing up and mailed on the ground. She has nothing for Val. (Obviously).

I was hoping Araujo would KO her and start her downward momentum. Still think Ara won but whatever...

As for what's next - more of the same - against who - um....she is such a spoiler....maybe go and get some losses back? Val will jus embarrass her again so obv not that one.
Jessica Andrade would kick her butt again too

Nothing interesting about Chookagian besides who she likes and follows on Twitter.

Valentina has already cleared out all challengers in dominant fashion. Shookagian is currently on a win streak and probably the most deserving of a title fight despite being dominated by Valentina not too long ago.

Unless Val moves up to fight Amanda there seem to be no fights left for her that are even decent.
I like Chookagian but I sadly don't see much from her that will challenge Shevchenko. Down the road, Miranda Maverick or Tatiana Suarez may make things interesting. There are a couple other prospects that escape me at the moment.

Back