Elections What’s Liz Cheney’s goal in life?

She's a standard Republican before MAGA took over. Don't care for her politics at all, but did you guys see the Wyoming debate? She was the only one who didn't seem like a crazy person.

Wtf is this <Lmaoo><Lmaoo><Lmaoo>

did this guy really say “all of the other internets”
<Dany07><Ellaria01>

Fuck and Cheney isn’t even winning in the polls <1>

I think she's an old guard republican. Some of them disliked the ideological pivot that Trump represented so much that they'd risk their careers to oppose him.

McCain
Kasich
Powell
Bush
Even Paul Ryan who wouldn't openly oppose him slinked away rather than carrying water for him.

I think she's genuinely ideologically opposed to him, his actions, what he represents, and while she may be willing to die on that hill, she's not eager to do so and it has her clamoring for unusual allies.

I think she placed a foolish bet that the Jan 6th committee would be seen as a group of super patriots by the majority of Americans, and that the hearings themselves would be a monumental moment in history, akin to the Nuremberg trials, and not something that was barely paid attention to, and will be forgotten as soon as it ends.

She fell for the hype being whispered in her ears in her inner circle, and didn't stop to smell the roses. In fairness, a LOT of republicans hedged their bets in the same way immediately following Jan 6th, and were all "Oh' my goodness gracious! This can not stand!", but smartened up days later when they realized how little people cared. She hung on to the dream, and will be a mere footnote in history because of it. One day it will hit her that she was nothing more than a tool. That realization will likely come, when she tries to nab jobs on "The View" and such, and she's told to kick rocks and reminded that she's a Cheney, and not a Pelosi.

Dumb broad.

A lot of Americans who dislike Trump dont even follow the news or know that these hearings are happening or even know what a hearring is

Principles? Like shitting on the state she supposedly represents?

Sure she has principles. Just not the kind most people admire.

Representing constituents doesn’t mean doing everything they want all of the time. It means being informed on issues and making decisions, based on knowledge
on issues and based on principles, that are in the best interest of constituents. If the people in Wyoming are too stupid or politically blind to recognize that trump is a self serving mf’er with no regard for the US political project and is a guy with dictatorial leanings, then that’s precisely why we need people like her to finally show some spine.

TLDR: she’s doing what needs to be done to try to protect American democracy.

She is trying to save face.

Speaking of faces, remember the time Dick Cheney shot someone in the face?

I seem to recall the current president telling black people that the principled Mitt Romney wanted to bring back slavery and "put y'all back in chains" when he was their political opponent, and he was a sexist putting women into binders, a homophobe who committed hate crimes against gay kids in school, an animal abuser who put his dog on the roof of his car, and a heartless, out of touch rich snake who made millions putting people out of work. Turns out, all he had to do was bend over and lube up out of fear of the media, and he's now he's a great man of principle.

[<dunn]

Yeah you still don't understand what principles are. Principles are neither inherently good or bad. Hitler had principles. Attila the Hun had principles. Gandhi had principles. Principles are not morals, as you seem to think. There's a lot I disagree with Mitt Romney and Liz Cheney on, but they are at least able to defy their party and their own best interests to stand up for something they believe in, rather than just kowtowing to authority or pandering to their lunatic constituency, which apparently the OP views as a good trait somehow, which I find rather embarrassing.

I think she's an old guard republican. Some of them disliked the ideological pivot that Trump represented so much that they'd risk their careers to oppose him.

McCain
Kasich
Powell
Bush
Even Paul Ryan who wouldn't openly oppose him slinked away rather than carrying water for him.

I think she's genuinely ideologically opposed to him, his actions, what he represents, and while she may be willing to die on that hill, she's not eager to do so and it has her clamoring for unusual allies.

Correct, many old school Republicans hate even the idea of....America First.

Yeah you still don't understand what principles are. Principles are neither inherently good or bad. Hitler had principles. Attila the Hun had principles. Gandhi had principles. Principles are not morals, as you seem to think. There's a lot I disagree with Mitt Romney and Liz Cheney on, but they are at least able to defy their party and their own best interests to stand up for something they believe in, rather than just kowtowing to authority or pandering to their lunatic constituency, which apparently the OP views as a good trait somehow, which I find rather embarrassing.
[<diva2]

So we're against democracy now? Damn, it was sacred 5 minutes ago, and now it's "pandering to their lunatic constituents".

Yes, thank God they aren't "kowtowing to authority" when they do exactly what the ruling party, the media and every corporation tell them to.

Btw, if you thought that was bad, have you seen the Arizona one? This is real:

Hahah damn.. this is so surreal. It’s really like I’m watching a SNL skit or an election version of Airplane!

Let’s call it Election!

Oh cool you also don't know what democracy is.

Pro tip: It's not "Do exactly what the craziest portion of your voter base tells you to do."
Oh my gosh, you're totally right. Democracy means "worm your way into office using family connections to powerful people and then shit all over your constituency". Keep the "pro tips" coming. It's great watching you cans embarrass yourselves to defend the fucking Cheneys.

<Dany07>

I think she placed a foolish bet that the Jan 6th committee would be seen as a group of super patriots by the majority of Americans, and that the hearings themselves would be a monumental moment in history, akin to the Nuremberg trials, and not something that was barely paid attention to, and will be forgotten as soon as it ends.

She fell for the hype being whispered in her ears in her inner circle, and didn't stop to smell the roses. In fairness, a LOT of republicans hedged their bets in the same way immediately following Jan 6th, and were all "Oh' my goodness gracious! This can not stand!", but smartened up days later when they realized how little people cared. She hung on to the dream, and will be a mere footnote in history because of it. One day it will hit her that she was nothing more than a tool. That realization will likely come, when she tries to nab jobs on "The View" and such, and she's told to kick rocks and reminded that she's a Cheney, and not a Pelosi.

Dumb broad.
This.

Back