We've Seen 7 Belts Change Hands In A 7 Month Span

Arkridge

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Dominick Cruz, Meisha Tate, Stipe Miocic, Michael Bisping, Eddie Alvarez, Amanda Nunes and now Tyron Woodley. All of them except Cruz are first time champs.

Most unexpected half a year run in MMA history? Not sure how the UFC feels about it but I love the surprises we've got this year. I like seeing new champs crowned.

Lets the surprises continue, we've still got (almost) half a year to go!

I'd like it more if the new champs weren't calling out old men so they don't have to fight real challengers

maybe now we are seeing who the real clean fighters are.

I'm lovin it. May the parity continue.

And I really could not see Michael Fucking Bisping knocking out Luke Rockhold. No one is safe
900x900px-LL-af693949_image.gif

And if we go back slightly further, Ronda and aldo lost as well

I would say: Rousey, Cain, Weidman, Pettis, Aldo just after USADA was more shocking. All these guys was said to be nearly unbeatable, And would hold their title forever... And then suddenly, at the exact same time, everyone looked like shit, And lost the belt.

By the end of the year I see it being

HW-Tossup between Stipe, Reem, and Velazquez
LHW- Cormier holds it down
MW- Jacare
WW- Wonderboy
LW- Eagle
FW- McGOAT either retires or vacates belt, Jose is champ again
BW- Cruz
FLW- Mighty Mouse

So at least 3 more title flips in Men's Divisions alone

CotJ4uQVMAA7VsV.png:large

probably need to remove Jones dreckly

To me it just really drives home the point of how awesome guys like Aldo, Anderson, and GSP were, defending the belt fight after fight, year after year. It's what sets them apart from the rest.

DJ is the only one who seems safe. Stipe's a HW so he def isn't safe. Cormier didn't look that impressive against Silva and he's pushing 40 now. Bisping was thought of as a good gatekeeper before snagging his belt and he's in his late 30s. Woodley lost to Rory I believe not that long ago and I can easily see Thompson taking him. Alvarez is a stud but LW is just too sick, I can see Aldo beating McGregor in a rematch for sure, Cruz is breakable. There we go.

To me it just really drives home the point of how awesome guys like Aldo, Anderson, and GSP were, defending the belt fight after fight, year after year. It's what sets them apart from the rest.
Yup. Anderson is my favorite fighter all time and he was so dominant, seeing him in 2016 I die a little inside every time he fights now.

Back