We've seen Über Conor now, but, how well does he move?

That video would have been a better measure of where Conor is it if the guy holding the pads threw 4-5-6 punch combos at Conor (like Nate is going to do) and having Conor react/counter them.

Last edited:
Do you always use other peoples opinions to make your own?

Nope. I'll take his expert opinion over yours though. I also have working eyeballs and can see that Conor has good speed. You're fooled by his rhythm/tempo changes where he throws some shots slower and others faster. All high level fighters should be doing this instead of exploding at full speed with every shot they throw for a number of reasons.

Dude if GSP popped up out of retirement in 10 days notice to fight McGregor you wouldn't be pumped? I would buy instead of watch for free.

Of course I would watch, but GSP has already payed his dues and given his best. Let him retire on top.

Well, according to one of the greatest Muay Thai fighters of all time, Saenchai, he's not only VERY accurate but he's also quick and powerful, and this is coming from an extremely quick fighter himself. I'll take his word for it over yours. ;)
Exactly. You have no idea what your talking about if you think Mcgregor isnt one of the fastest fighters in the sport. There isnt anyone at 155lbs with faster hands and same at 170. Aldo, Edgar, and Mendes are some of the only guys as fast.

Mcgregro actually never goes full speed in the fight in order to be more accurate and effective. You know who else used to do the same thing? Anderson Silva and like the champ McGOAT they both are pretty damn effective with it.

First of all, anything can happen in a fight. At 170? Throw everything out the window. I like Conor, and of course I think he's going to win. But don't be surprised if Nate boxes him up on the feet and submits him with a no-hands triangle while flipping off the crowd either.

Exactly. You have no idea what your talking about if you think Mcgregor isnt one of the fastest fighters in the sport. There isnt anyone at 155lbs with faster hands and same at 170. Aldo, Edgar, and Mendes are some of the only guys as fast.

Mcgregro actually never goes full speed in the fight in order to be more accurate and effective. You know who else used to do the same thing? Anderson Silva and like the champ McGOAT they both are pretty damn effective with it.

Good post and agreed. It's pretty well known that McGregor doesn't constantly operate at full speed in everything that he throws, which in turn causes people that are ignorant about this to believe that he's "slow" or "not that fast". He changes up the tempo deceptively with his hands and some of his other strikes. This allows him to be much trickier to time for opponents, for increased accuracy as you mentioned, and by not always exploding at full speed it also allows him to conserve energy since he's mixing it up from slower to medium to fast. You can see this in boxing all the time but to a much lesser degree in MMA. Most MMA fighters only know how to operate on high most or all of the time when they fight.

It's one of the more important attributes that sets great strikers like Anderson and McGregor apart from the rest of the pack in MMA, imo, since it shows their higher understanding/fight IQ when striking.

Just once, I'd like hear an interview from Conor where he's not speaking in "soundbites," as a caricature, with cool, action movie lines.

I just wanna hear a normal, humble answer from him about something. Just once.

They're out there. "Aldo didn't deserve to go out that way. He was the companies only champ, and I feel he deserved to go a bit longer."

He talked how he likes the Diaz brothers style and that they come to fight.

He's obviously over the top, but I feel like he's honest. He was so straight with Faber about Dillashaw being a snake, and turns out he was right. All he did was try to warn him. He's mentioned that he likes Faber, but he just needs to wake up.

I like it though. He says what's gonna happen, and he makes it happen. Respect.

Like this

If Nate wasn't banking so much in this fight (he asked for even more and got it, supposedly) then I'd feel really bad for him. These shots will hurt and they will land repeatedly if necessary, “until the job's done”.

Harder than a coffin nail

Props to Nate for taking the fight even though he wanted it at 170. Another sacrificial lamb led to the slaughter but for lots of ching. It's a win-win situation for him barring the possible exception of losing the ability to take a solid shot for the rest of his career.

first you talk about how much money nate is going to make. then you give him props for taking the fight??? lol

first you talk about how much money nate is going to make. then you give him props for taking the fight??? lol

He's one of the only guys that stepped up, so yeah. He's coming in with no camp on short notice to get beaten up and knocked out.

Back