Westboro Baptist Church now protesting the NBA??

Not strictly true.
True that Jesus was hanging around guys and whores. If you just want to keep the religion of christianity to be bonded only with Jesus. The christians that follow his supposed message stick to all kinds of letters.
Written here and there by a few peoples.

The letter from this guy is pretty obvious

But who cares? These texts were written at least 50 (more likely a hundred) years after this Jesus guy.

The christians seem to hold on to these letters as much as the gospels.

lol, please stop with your horrible fucking dating.

The letter was written during this time in Ephesus, which is usually dated as being in the range of 53 to 57 AD (in regards to 1 corinthians)

ps- jesus did not die in 0 AD. he lived more than a second. he died around 30-35 AD

Christians would not persecute the gays if following the actions of Jesus, but sure as fuck being gay is a sin
but, nature is pretty against the gays also. mangled butts and no offspring and etc.

Christianity is against marriage in general, historically and textually speaking, so actually I think it's pretty consistent that it would be against gay marriage. Marriage is primarily for spiritual weaklings and losers, if you go by the New Testament and historical early Christianity.

The real broader question is why Christianity became so pro marriage in recent centuries.

Sorry.... this wasn't harsh enough. I have to call them savages instead.

They are a bunch of stupid gorillas. Fucking monkeys protesting in the wrong place. This really is why stereotypes exist.

Disgusting, cowardly SAVAGES!!!:icon_chee

God hates the WBC

They seem like some sort of cult.

lol, please stop with your horrible fucking dating.

The letter was written during this time in Ephesus, which is usually dated as being in the range of 53 to 57 AD (in regards to 1 corinthians)

ps- jesus did not die in 0 AD. he lived more than a second. he died around 30-35 AD

Christians would not persecute the gays if following the actions of Jesus, but sure as fuck being gay is a sin
but, nature is pretty against the gays also. mangled butts and no offspring and etc.

I was talking about the texts in general in relation with christianity.
Matthew for an example is thought of being 50 - 70 + years old in relation with jesus.
The oldest gospel, considered.

Matthew for an example is thought of being 50 - 70 + tears old in relation with jesus.

No. Just stop. Neither the oldest gospel, nor the oldest book in the NT. None of what you are writing is correct.

No problem man, If my dad were there he would have laid hands on those WBC dorks, he was a professional boxer after all.

Well my Dad who was a pretty good cop would charge those bums for head butting your dad fist repeatedly.

Christianity is against marriage in general, historically and textually speaking, so actually I think it's pretty consistent that it would be against gay marriage. Marriage is primarily for spiritual weaklings and losers, if you go by the New Testament and historical early Christianity.

The real broader question is why Christianity became so pro marriage in recent centuries.

Not true. Jesus said this. https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+19

Matthew for an example is thought of being 50 - 70 + years old in relation with jesus.

gospel of mark
The book was probably written c.66

In a typical Christian manner, you didn't read the entire passage, in which Jesus heaps contempt on marriage. That verse is Jesus explaining why you can't ever get divorced if you marry, which he follows up by explaining that getting married is bad in the first instance -- we should instead live like eunuchs for the Kingdom of Heaven. Full cite:

19 1 When Jesus had finished saying these things, he left Galilee and went into the region of Judea to the other side of the Jordan. 2 Large crowds followed him, and he healed them there.

3 Some Pharisees came to him to test him. They asked, “Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife for any and every reason?”

4 “Haven’t you read,” he replied, “that at the beginning the Creator ‘made them male and female,’[a] 5 and said, ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh’? 6 So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.”

7 “Why then,” they asked, “did Moses command that a man give his wife a certificate of divorce and send her away?”

8 Jesus replied, “Moses permitted you to divorce your wives because your hearts were hard. But it was not this way from the beginning. 9 I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another woman commits adultery.”

10 The disciples said to him, “If this is the situation between a husband and wife, it is better not to marry.”

11 Jesus replied, “Not everyone can accept this word, but only those to whom it has been given. 12 For there are eunuchs who were born that way, and there are eunuchs who have been made eunuchs by others—and there are those who choose to live like eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. The one who can accept this should accept it.”

You literally could not have chosen a better example to make my point about modern Christian incomprehension/unawareness of what the NT actually says regarding marriage, so danke. Modern Christian views about marriage are similar to modern Christian views about the poor -- it now turns out that Jesus advocated getting rich, paying no taxes, getting married, buying an SUV, and watching a lot of television.

In a typical Christian manner, you didn't read the entire passage, in which Jesus heaps contempt on marriage. That verse is Jesus explaining why you can't ever get divorced if you marry, which he follows up by explaining that getting married is bad in the first instance -- we should instead live like eunuchs for the Kingdom of Heaven. Full cite:

19 1 When Jesus had finished saying these things, he left Galilee and went into the region of Judea to the other side of the Jordan. 2 Large crowds followed him, and he healed them there.

3 Some Pharisees came to him to test him. They asked, “Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife for any and every reason?”

4 “Haven’t you read,” he replied, “that at the beginning the Creator ‘made them male and female,’[a] 5 and said, ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh’? 6 So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.”

7 “Why then,” they asked, “did Moses command that a man give his wife a certificate of divorce and send her away?”

8 Jesus replied, “Moses permitted you to divorce your wives because your hearts were hard. But it was not this way from the beginning. 9 I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another woman commits adultery.”

10 The disciples said to him, “If this is the situation between a husband and wife, it is better not to marry.”

11 Jesus replied, “Not everyone can accept this word, but only those to whom it has been given. 12 For there are eunuchs who were born that way, and there are eunuchs who have been made eunuchs by others—and there are those who choose to live like eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. The one who can accept this should accept it.”

You literally could not have chosen a better example to make my point about modern Christian incomprehension/unawareness of what the NT actually says regarding marriage, so danke. Modern Christian views about marriage are similar to modern Christian views about the poor -- it now turns out that Jesus advocated getting rich, paying no taxes, getting married, buying an SUV, and watching a lot of television.

not seeing how he is telling you not to get married. You are not reading any shit by Reza Aslan are you? I would say in typical christian manner actually reading the bible and researching what it means.

Not everyone can accept this word
but only those to whom it has been given
The one who can accept this should accept it

so the ones who have been given this word should accept it. meaning if God has it in his plan for you not to marry you should not

Jesus is not telling you don't get married.

a better commentary than mine-----

pulpit commentary
Verse 11. - Our Lord makes a gentle reply to this observation of the disciples concerning the inexpediency of marriage under some circumstances. You say true, he seems to mean, but all men cannot receive this saying; i.e. their words, "It is not good to marry." But he endorses these words in a different signification from theirs. Their objection to marry arose from the impossibility of putting away a wife for any cause. Christ passes over these ignoble scruples, and enunciates the only principle which should lead a man to abstain from marriage. They to whom it is given. They to whom are given the call and the grace to abstain from marriage. These persons' practice forms an exception to the general view of the propriety and blessedness of the marriage state.

Jamieson-Fausset-Brown Bible Commentary

11. But he said unto them, All men cannot receive this saying, save they to whom it is given—that is, "That the unmarried state is better, is a saying not for everyone, and indeed only for such as it is divinely intended for." But who are these? they would naturally ask; and this our Lord proceeds to tell them in three particulars.

Back