Wes Craven, Creator of A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET and SCREAM, Dies at the Age of 76

A true legend.

No more nightmares, Mr. Craven.

RIP.

I always liked that running gag Sam Raimi and Wes Craven had with one another

evil-dead-hills.jpg

noes.jpg

freddevildead2-300x168.jpg

A Nightmare on Elm st, Scream and Red Eye are some of my favorites

RIP to a great story teller that could scare the piss out of me

Yeah, Maika Monroe was so hot in that movie and in The Guest.

Loved It Follows.

Not scary per say, but well directed, acted with real tension and i found it really fresh among so much shit (Annabelle, Ouija etc).

Soundtrack/score was superb as well.

Loved It Follows.

Not scary per say, but well directed, acted with real tension and i found it really fresh among so much shit (Annabelle, Ouija etc).

I didn't even know he was battling brain cancer. Fuck.

R.I.P.

I'm scared to this day of going in my basement at night in the dark. I won't do it. And I usually run up the steps but when I don't I'm usually scared thinking someone will be behind me ready to grab me. And it's all because when I was a kid I watched Freddy Kruger. My sisters and brothers would tell me Freddy lived in the basement, which made me never go down there alone. whenever I'm scared I always think over and over that Christ is my saviour and my fear goes away.

Loved It Follows.

It follows is original and the monster is not explained which is great. He is a director to watch for sure.

Ouija was the exact opposite.

I hope this is a era of horror where monsters are metaphors. Could be some interesting stuff.

It follows is original and the monster is not explained which is great. He is a director to watch for sure.

Ouija was the exact opposite.

I hope this is a era of horror where monsters are metaphors. Could be some interesting stuff.

Well, monsters as metaphors isn't exactly a new thing. Famously, Godzilla was a metaphor for the atomic bomb. Jekyll and Hyde, a metaphor for cocaine addiction. Cronenberg used his situations as metaphors for things like contagion, std's, etc. Dracula was even a metaphor for sexual promiscuity. You probably know these things.

They really should get back to doing that. Modern horror seems to be less psychological, less thought provoking, and more about face value and what you see. There should be a balance.

Doh sad day for horror fans, thanks for the great films and RIP.

Back