Were You Impressed with Conor's Performance Against Siver?

Anyone who says they weren't impressed is lying/hating.

MMA-math is bs, but still, Siver took a round off Cub; Cub didn't start really beating him down until the third round.
Siver couldn't do anything against Conor; he was decimated from the start, even with all the taunting.

Wasn't impressed by his offense or defense. I had predicted a 2nd rd. KO for Conor.

He certainly throttled the guy tailor-made for him to show off his skills...he did it less efficiently than I'd expected him to, however. To be totally fair to Conor though, some/most of that is probably due to him playing it up, making a show out of it.

The kid is clearly a great fighter, but nothing I've seen has blown me away, yet.

You've watched MMA before and you were not impressed by this performance?? You clearly have some sort of bias going on here.

I'm no McGoober fanboy but it was an impressive performance once he got rolling

Very impressive to make a fighter like Siver look like a day 1 amateur but hey, why be honest with yourselves when you can continue being blinded by your hatred of the guy, to be able to objectively analyze a guy's skills.

Conor has a great chance of beating Aldo. That is all.

I'm starting to realize that Conor has good power in his hands. Seems like he does not need a direct shot to wobble somebody. When you see glancing blows stagger someone, to me, that is the sign of heavy hands.

He looked good but if he fights Aldo like that he will get his legs kicked in Siver was putting him down with leg kicks otherwise great performance

i was definitley impressed,they gave him the ball and he ran with it. However,Aldo is like fighting 10 sivers at the same time. he hasnt shown he deserves the shot their giving him,realistically. he def reminded me of naseem hamed but he may be running into his barrera early,with Aldo.

[X] I was impressed by his offense and defense.
[X] I was impressed by his offense.
[X] I was impressed by his defense.

[X] I was not impressed by his offense.
[X] I was not impressed by his defense.
[X] I was not impressed by his offense or defense.

Where's the option for being impressed with his offense but not his defense but then I remembered it was Siver he was fighting so his offense wasn't that impressive and his defense was surprisingly bad?

Impressed but not overly impressed. Siver was a perfect matchup for him and it ended exactly as it should have. Siver fought an incredibly stupid fight.

I was impressed by his offense and liked his defense (but voted offense), because he showed that he was thinking throughout the entire fight.

He's a very fun fighter to watch, and showed a tempered, disciplined approach to the contest. Though he was clearly superior to Siver, he didn't chase after the 2 minute prediction, and didn't get sucked into pursuing a finish, though he could have done so earlier.

That calm and patience is a sign that he is mentally always in it, and that's admirable. Great fight for McGregor.

also it became clear as im watching it WHY they chose siver to fight conor

Anyone who says they weren't impressed is lying/hating.

MMA-math is bs, but still, Siver took a round off Cub; Cub didn't start really beating him down until the third round.
Siver couldn't do anything against Conor; he was decimated from the start, even with all the taunting.

Analyzing common opponents and relative performances is not MMA-math. It is a useful tool for fighter assessments.

Impressed but not overly impressed. Siver was a perfect matchup for him and it ended exactly as it should have. Siver fought an incredibly stupid fight.

Exactly. UFC couldn't have given a more tailor made opponent for McG. Shortest FW with t-rex arms and no wrestling or ground game. People saying McG looked impressive are fooled by the smoke and mirrors of Zuffa.

Wasn't impressed by his offense or defense. I had predicted a 2nd rd. KO for Conor.

He certainly throttled the guy tailor-made for him to show off his skills...he did it less efficiently than I'd expected him to, however. To be totally fair to Conor though, some/most of that is probably due to him playing it up, making a show out of it.

The kid is clearly a great fighter, but nothing I've seen has blown me away, yet.

LOL, you're obviosly THAT guy

Exactly. UFC couldn't have given a more tailor made opponent for McG. Shortest FW with t-rex arms and no wrestling or ground game. People saying McG looked impressive are fooled by the smoke and mirrors of Zuffa.

Isn't he a brown belt in JJ? Wasn't he able to control Cub, pass his guard, etc.? Relatively speaking, his ground game is quite solid and everyone with a decent knowledge of the sport was stating that prior to this contest. You are such an uneducated MMA "fan".

He looked impressive. You're being fooled by your hatred of the guy, I am guessing. He completely destroyed and toyed with a long-time UFC fighter.

Not impressed but I am sure had Aldo done it to Siver, it would be sweet sauce in a bucket!

His attacks are sharp, but that defense had holes like Swiss cheese. Would have preferred Edgar/Mendes next, against which, I believe, he'd lose.

But Dana will do Dana things, and this is pretty much set in stone.
Aldo via amputation.

i was definitley impressed,they gave him the ball and he ran with it. However,Aldo is like fighting 10 sivers at the same time. he hasnt shown he deserves the shot their giving him,realistically. he def reminded me of naseem hamed but he may be running into his barrera early,with Aldo.

I really like this analogy.

Back