Were you impressed by Jones' performance last night?

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Dale Denton**, Sep 22, 2013.

1. Dale Denton**

Dale Denton** Banned Banned

So there was this very same thread regarding Glover's "less than stellar performance" against Bader and some people said he wasn't flawless so he shouldn't be a contender.

Jones' performance last night showed me that, despite the win, you can beat the guy. What did you think of his performance last night? Do you think his stock dropped after last night?

Discuss.

2. BORCAT

BORCAT Banned Banned

Extremely impressed.

This coming from a guy who loathes Jones.

3. Charlie Sheen

Charlie Sheen Invisible Belt

Yep, I was.
    Gustaffson impressed me the most though.

4. Metal_Daze

Metal_Daze Geonor St Gregor

Yes. Color me impressed.

5. Wefee

Wefee Blue Belt

I tought he was more talented, but he shown alot of heart.
    I was impressed, but not in the way I tought i would be.

6. Dale Denton**

I forgot to give credit to Gus in the OP. Dude somehow figured JBJ out. Big props to him. If it wasn't for that elbow Jones landed he would've won that fight, IMO.

7. RozHammil

RozHammil Orange Belt

Very impressed and I hate Jones as well. Took some heavy shots, showed lots of heart, won the fight and was very humble and gracious in victory . Not much more you can ask for of a champion.

8. Xyiencemma

Xyiencemma Purple Belt

How can people say Jones showed he can be beat when he won that's like people that say Chael layed the blue print to beating Anderson despite losing twice. wtf

9. Dale Denton**

He looked untouchable is his previous fights, but Gus showed us it can be done.

I didn't say I wasn't impressed at his heart, it just wasn't that godlike Bones I was used to.

10. Charlie Sheen

Charlie Sheen Invisible Belt

By the same way people shitted on Glover's last performance saying he got "exposed", even after he won KOTN bonus.
    Bones got "exposed", he finally looked "human", I think that's what TS meant.

11. Benoitthegr8

Benoitthegr8 Bum Life Practitioner Platinum Member

Allot of goods and bads came from this fight

Both Jones and Gus were impressive with the amount of punishment they withstood and still kept moving forward.

I respect JBJ allot more for being a scrappy fighter.

I also realize now that JBJ isn't this world class freak athlete that Rogan and everyone tries to hype him as. He is a great fighter with some natural genetic attributes that allows him to compete at the top of his profession. That being said the gap between the top guys at LHW (Gus, Davis, Glover) and JBJ has considerably narrowed.

12. BigFatPhony

BigFatPhony Yellow Belt

He showed heart, I expected more from his said to be "improved boxing" though. Gustafsson impressed me a bit with his wrestling, and looked like a champion in his own right.

13. downeykids

downeykids Green Belt

Oh yeah. He is champ and finally ran into a very tuff challenger despise what most people thought would happen. What ever is written on paper doesn't matter anymore and you have to adjust in the ring and find a way to win. He gave it his all. He could barley walk after the fight and looked like hell. But he was in there staying busy, throwing spinning elbows and staggering the challenger when he was losing the round. Very impressive.
    And for those who think he can be beat now. Well yeah maybe by Gus.

14. DWB

DWB Purple Belt

I was impressed with aspects but also saw potential holes. Not really holes but seeing Gus be able to stop the take downs like he did (which is more a testament to Gus than a diss on Bones) I see that potentially some one can come along and defeat him. I already knew Bones would have a much harder time at HW than he does LHW obviously but I also thought he could potentially become champ there. Not so sure now.

All in all I still consider him top 1 or 2 p4p in the world but he isn't flat out perfect either. Someone came along and showed his takedowns can be stiffled and also he can be taken down himself. That'spretty big considering it had never happened before. But he showed world class heart and determination, a solid chin and good cardio. Also I'd say I think his biggest weakness is speed. He's awesome at damn near everything but he isn't very fast (especially with his hand striking). He isn't perfect but no one is. Still impressed by him though.

Extremely impressed by Alex though. He showed me a lot. He showed things/improvements that make him a more solid #1 contender than I previously thought. His improved wrestling was very very impressive and his toughness is flat out through the roof. Excellent fighter in every way. Great fight between great fighters!

15. BORCAT

BORCAT Banned Banned

Gus suprised me more also.

Man he can take a shot. I'm still suprised he didnt drop.

16. Han Solo

Han Solo Banned Banned

Yup. I hate Jones, but he has heart. We didn't knew how he would react in adversity cuz he only had relatively easy fights so far... He reacted the right way and didn't break under pressure. Good for him.. Still don't like him as a human being but I respect his heart

17. Xyiencemma

Xyiencemma Purple Belt

So when you have a competitive fight your not a world class athlete anymore? so aldo is not world class because his edgar and florian fight? Andersons not elite because he got koed by Weidman. And 2nd how are davis and glover closer to jones because of a great performance by gustaffson?

18. Ipissedyouoff

Ipissedyouoff Yellow Belt

I was equally impressed with both fighters. I just disagreed with the outcome.

19. rcranium**

rcranium** White Belt

I wasn't impressed until rounds 4 & 5 when he finally brought it. I was more impressed by Gus. I was surprised that he came so close to winning.

20. Benoitthegr8

Benoitthegr8 Bum Life Practitioner Platinum Member

Freak of nature was the point word, as I said in the post Rogan always refers to this. My opinion does not coinside with this thought process, If you disagree with me then I'm quite happy for you.