Were you impressed by Costas? Rate his performance against Larkin

Ch0sen0ne

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Larkin was a legit threat and Costas wrecked him after eating some big shots without so much as wobbling

How would you rate Phillipou's performance?

I was quite impressed by the handspeed of both

I was cringing at the shots they exchanged. They were both throwing with crazy power. I was impressed with Costa but it didn't answer much, I already knew he can dish out and take crazy power.

Yeah, I had lost some faith in him his last few fights. Was both impressed and happy with his performance, I'd give it like an 8.5/10

He should have stayed with Serra/Longo. He looked really good last night though.

As a Larkin nuthugger as I was impressed with costas constant pressure even after taking some hard shots.

I was fairly certain Larkin was going to put him away eventually.

I underestimated Phillipou's chin

Phillipou landed early and it kinda wobbled Larkin but then Larkin started tagging him more consistently with power shots. Phillipou either has one hell of a chin or he's good at hiding that he's hurt

Most impressed by how Phillipou didn't relent his pressure even after getting tagged by Larkin's power

I'm always impressed with Costas. He has me a little scared about his mental health though. I hope he is OK and has a good supportive team around him. He is an excellent fighter, Top 15 for sure.

with Costas's chin,it held out pretty good considering Lorenz hits hard.His boxing is decent and fundamentally sound but his kicks are not effective.I doubt he contends for the belt at this time mostly because of his wrestling and TDD which leave a lot to be desired.

I wasn't impressed in the sense that I already knew he was a talented fighter and he didn't show me anything I didn't already think he was capable of.

However to do so in the UFC co-main event, after losing your last 2 and basically fighting for your career, that was absolutely impressive.

I'm always impressed with Costas. He has me a little scared about his mental health though. I hope he is OK and has a good supportive team around him. He is an excellent fighter, Top 15 for sure.

Whats with the mental health bro?

with Costas's chin,it held out pretty good considering Lorenz hits hard.His boxing is decent and fundamentally sound but his kicks are not effective.I doubt he contends for the belt at this time mostly because of his wrestling and TDD which leave a lot to be desired.

Cost as looked good last night. He endured through some tough shots and came out on top with the KO. I think he looked like himself again. He is getting up there in age but can still deliver. I think it took him a few to figure out that he still wants to fight and now he is back. 8/10 is the rating I give him. He looks like he could fight next weekend.

I really liked what I saw from him but I can't help feeling he'll always been a top 10 gatekeeper at most

Bro was totally swole too. Costas looked very large in there. I thought Larkin looked pretty similar in size to King Mo if I remember that fight correctly. Was Phillipou always so ripped? #nohomo

I'm butthurt about Larkin. Got robbed against Carmont and now losses to Tavares/Phillipou. Dude just can't put it all together, and now I'm afraid hes gonna get cut.

Phillipou did what he does best, it was a brutal knockout. He didn't really show anything different though. Hes still a one dimensional boxer, so I guess that is really the only detractor from his performance.

Costas took the hardest shots last night, I rewatched the fight today he took 3-4 that would have put out a lot of people. It really goes to show you how much it matters where you get hit.

8.55 / 10.

Nice to see some fire from a man who was not sure he wanted to anymore.

Back