Were you guys okay with Max Rohskoph quitting?

Were you guys okay with Max Rohskoph quitting?

• Total voters
I agree with this decision but I don't think he quit like it sounds. I just think he was out of gas, and in that case there is no other decision that can be made. It's a totally different thing altogether if he had some gas to work with.

It's like racing against the fastest car in the world. But if it's out of gas...

GSP tapped to strikes. Shogun tapped to strikes. BJ quit on his chair. All champions at some point.
This one was closer to BJ quitting than the other two. GSP and Shogun were so far gone that the fight would be stopped wether they tapped or not.

I think quiting on your stool inbetween rounds looks bad. Instead, he should have just fallen over and covered up while he was getting beat up and had the ref call it off that way
This is so stupid.

2. I wish Dana would stop calling fighters "kids". They are adults. Considering them children allows the UFC to treat them like shit.
Thats part of his strongarm tactic. Like him or not,you got to be tough to do his job.

Omg no I'm not fucking ok with it wtf he needs to be banished to the sewers for this

Reactions: TCE
Thats part of his strongarm tactic. Like him or not,you got to be tough to do his job.
It reminds me of the same language the NCAA uses in regards to 22 year old football players.

It is very deliberate.

It's his choice, quitting is part of the game....

Plenty of fighters quit in there, just not as honestly as Rohskoph....I actually think it took huge balls to quit in the stool like that, plenty of fighters have wanted to do the samething, but they don't have the balls to speak up/quit thus they go on and take a beating that ultimately hurts their careers.

......but we have to admit he did quit thus he is a quitter in this case....Doesn't mean he's a quitter for life or in every fight, even GSP tapped to strikes and came back.

He totally deserves another shot, dude took the fight on short notice.

Dana needs to STFU...Dude stepped up and he shits all over him....Dana needs to have some fucking honor, stfu, and leave the door open for the guy if he wants to fight again with hopefully a full training camp this time....Let the fighter decide!
Dana defended him. What do you mean?

He wanted out. And he didn't wanna get "beat off" to make his exit. I ain't mad at him. Props to Hubbard for making a dude quit in the stool. He's not getting any real praise for his performance and that really sucks because he deserves the recognition.

Reactions: HHJ
I was really disappointed......but it was pretty apparent he had nothing for Hubbard after he started to gas. He's the one that has live with quitting and limiting his effort.

In terms of limiting physical damage it was smart. In terms of impressing his future employer and proving to the rest of the division that he's a difficult opponent no matter how short notice the fight is....pretty short sighted. Now everyone knows that they have a decent chance at breaking him if he's willing to quit on his stool.

6 wins in minor organizations in 2 years of fighting professionally, then gets called up to the Big Show on what, 10 days notice? He assumed he was ready for the bright lights but realized too late he wasn't. Probably a massive adrenaline dump after the first round, too. I ain't going to dog him. Perhaps with more seasoning and preparation he can make a go of it, and never quit on the stool again.

I was thinking, "this is ridiculous. throw in the towel" at the end of the 2nd round, before he went to his stool.

Didn't BJ Penn quit on the stool against GSP? And defend his belt after? Also, GSP tapped to strikes and is imo the GOAT anyway or at least in the conversation.

Not sayin this guy is gonna be great, but losing is losing the idea that they should take more unnecessary damage for Sherbros is nuts. Guys quit in the fight all the time anyway. They just 'get caught' with chokes so they don't have to admit they quit

It's his choice, quitting is part of the game....

Plenty of fighters quit in there, just not as honestly as Rohskoph

Totally agree. Remember when Serra ripped GSP for months for tapping to strikes, then turtled and didn’t move when GSP was drilling him with unanswered knees?

That’s quitting too, just as much as tapping out or throwing in the towel is. The only difference is that one way requires you to take accountability for the outcome while the other way allows you to pretend to contest the stoppage after the fact.

Would it have been more respectable to go down easy the next time he was hit and give up a choke? If so, why....

I think he was saying it was a combination of the way he fought and how he quit that made him question whether he should be a fighter. I didn't see the fight (I forgot it was on and missed part of the prelims) was he taking a serious beating in there or was it kind of competitive? If he quit during a reasonably competitive fight that would be okay but would make you think maybe he needs to do something else besides fight for a living.

Depends on how you scored it. He was losing the striking, but winning the grappling and I had it 1-1 going into the 3rd. He had a chance to wun

I was at a restaurant at that time and couldn't hear and didn't fully watch. Don't really have to though. If a fighter can't compete and feels they are taking unavoidable damage then I don't blame anyone got getting out and prolonging their career.

Do I think his beating warranted quiting? no
Do I think he would have gotten one due to his gassing? yes so I dont see a problem but he quit more so on the possibility not the actuality

6 wins in minor organizations in 2 years of fighting professionally, then gets called up to the Big Show on what, 10 days notice? He assumed he was ready for the bright lights but realized too late he wasn't. Probably a massive adrenaline dump after the first round, too. I ain't going to dog him. Perhaps with more seasoning and preparation he can make a go of it, and never quit on the stool again.

5 days notice . But yeah i agree

Back