Were you guys okay with Max Rohskoph quitting?

Were you guys okay with Max Rohskoph quitting?

• Total voters
Man, that was fucking WEIRD.

Hubbard is as entry level as its gets, and he wasn't even hammering him - Rohskopf just had a bad round and took a bit of damage and boom, quits. Perhaps the most staggering example I've seen in the UFC of a guy who has clearyl never faced even one minute of adversity since turning pro, it was mad. Really mad.

I think they need to send him back to Titan on a developmental deal, on that basis there is nobody in the UFC he can beat at present.
He was completely gassed midway through the 2nd rd.

CM Punk would never quit between the rounds. However, I am fine with his decision.

I agree with Dana White response to this situation.

he makes it seem like it's okay but also said this kid will not get another shot either. So that's why fighters don't think it's okay because the consequences is you'll never come back

Dude better not become famous somewhere putrid of fighting because this will follow him for life tbh.

But no I have no issue with it.

Not going to listen to it again, but didn't he say the fight game is not for everyone and imply that might be the case for this kid? He didn't need to go there, did he?
yeah, give the little kid a hug, clean his nose of snot and give him a handjob while we are at it.

It's perfectly fine to quit, especially when your coming off some injuries and you've taken the fight on 5 days notice.

But the way people are criticizing drysdale is also plain stupid. He made sure his fighter really wouldn't keep fighting, and called it after making his best effort to get him going. He knows that opportunities like that don't come easily and you got to make the most of them. You don't want to give up in that stage. Max is probably feeling like shit rn, and robert tried his best cause he knew that would happen. So don't be pussies guys, this is a brutal sport and it is what it is, cut the guy some slack (especially if max wasn't seriously hurt).

When you're beat, you're beat. If you're done in your mind and you go back out there, you're just gonna get your ass kicked worse.

Pointless, unnecessary damage. Live to fight another day. Fans give no shit about your health so don't ever do anything for the fans.

If he wants to quit he can quit but it's probably not gonna get him another opportunity or win him any fans. Maybe he needs to find a new camp/management if they put him in that spot before he was ready.

Yes, if you're done you're done, he knows best. But come on corner, save your guy some dignity. Asking for it is already embarrassing considering the pride in the profession.

It's his choice, quitting is part of the game....

Plenty of fighters quit in there, just not as honestly as Rohskoph....I actually think it took huge balls to quit in the stool like that, plenty of fighters have wanted to do the samething, but they don't have the balls to speak up/quit thus they go on and take a beating that ultimately hurts their careers.

......but we have to admit he did quit thus he is a quitter in this case....Doesn't mean he's a quitter for life or in every fight, even GSP tapped to strikes and came back.

He totally deserves another shot, dude took the fight on short notice.

Dana needs to STFU...Dude stepped up and he shits all over him....Dana needs to have some fucking honor, stfu, and leave the door open for the guy if he wants to fight again with hopefully a full training camp this time....Let the fighter decide!
I thought Dana seemed respectful towards the guy? Weird thing is he’s getting a lot of press for something that is “inexcusable” as a fighter. I guarantee people will tune in for his next fight. Strangely enough. We all like a good come back story

It seemed like a backhanded remark from dana but what he said is mostly right, anyway.

I watched the fight live but was doing things before fight and between rounds so missed that he took fight short notice.
I don’t have a problem with him quitting nor what Drysdale did, he tried to talk the fighter Into keep fighting,kid probably is down on himself today especially with the talk this has generated but he did what he thought he needed to do.
Exactly

I missed that fight so I can't say for sure about this fight. But in general I think corners need to step in and stop fights like they do in boxing that way the fighter doesn't have to. If a fighter is wanting to quit they are already out of the fight anyway so it's good idea for them to quit, they are just going to get beaten up.

Yeah. Guy took a short notice fight, was getting the shit beat out of him and new it and tried to save some brain cells. I assume at some point and time he would rather not slur his words and drool all damn day while someone cleans and changes him.

Smart call.

he makes it seem like it's okay but also said this kid will not get another shot either. So that's why fighters don't think it's okay because the consequences is you'll never come back
I think he was saying it was a combination of the way he fought and how he quit that made him question whether he should be a fighter. I didn't see the fight (I forgot it was on and missed part of the prelims) was he taking a serious beating in there or was it kind of competitive? If he quit during a reasonably competitive fight that would be okay but would make you think maybe he needs to do something else besides fight for a living.

It's not often I like what dana says but he's so right no shame in saving yourself when you are done.

I think he was saying it was a combination of the way he fought and how he quit that made him question whether he should be a fighter. I didn't see the fight (I forgot it was on and missed part of the prelims) was he taking a serious beating in there or was it kind of competitive? If he quit during a reasonably competitive fight that would be okay but would make you think maybe he needs to do something else besides fight for a living.
The 1st round was reasonably close Hubbard winning the standup easily but max got into some good scrambles and potential submission areas, 2nd was a 1 sided beating where max looked gassed and Hubbard landing at will.

Obviously, he can do what he wants, he's the fighter, if he doesn't want to fight, then he doesn't want to fight. Nobody else's opinion matters, who cares if a bunch of geeks on Sherdog forums aren't okay with it...

All I'll say is I think he should talk to a sports psychologist before fighting at a high level again. People are obviously focused on the end of round 2, but the things he was saying after round 1 in the corner were really bizarre to me after what transpired in that round. It sounds like he has a really poor mentality and he didn't want to be in there at all. Just not the kind of mentality I'd expect from a professional fighter in the UFC.

Ive seen many battle hardened fighters quit on the stool,or quit in the middle of a fight. They know in their heart that they cannot win. Oscar De la Hoya quit in his final bout with Manny Paqcuiao. His corner asked him and he gave an almost imperceptible nod. He couldnt bring himself to do more than that.This is a proud warrior who fought everyone there was to fight. But in the end of the day,this is the same thing. He did not say "No,im good." Because he wasnt good. He knew victory could not be achieved.

Boxing has 12 rounds so there I suppose thats part of the reason why you see it happen more,but as a long time boxing fan,seeing someone opt to quit before the next round is something im accustomed to seeing,and is not looked at as bad.

Back