"We're always in shape" photo of Nate 1 week b4 fight

K3WAfTF.png

Is the first picture before he started his weight cut? Because if it's during his weight cut, there's not a huge difference.

He's actually in a lot better shape than I had expected. Fuck. Hahaha :D

He looks very good taking into consideration it's 170 and he still not on dehydration mode
Remember how smooth Conor looks when he is regular weight before 145 fights, then comes out ripped via dehydration? Same with Nate, just different body.

Also, the muscle doesn't disappear so quick after 2months, Nate still has the shape he built for Johnson fight, just under some flab.

Youll be surprised how much softer you look with just an extra percent of body fat.

Idk why people expect him to be in weigh in condition now. He would miss his peak and blow his wad.
Plus he's not cutting down to 155.

The MJ pics were the first time I ever wondered about a Diaz being on the sauce. I decided that it's more likely to be his body reaching its prime now, and a lot of hard work.

Muscles however, are the least important of all the tools in the box. He'll be good to go and is going to deliver as the Diaz brothers always do.

This fight is going to set records, and Nate is as a big a piece to that equation as McGregor IMHO.

Fight camps exist for a reason, which are surprisingly to get yourself into shape for a fight.

Now, that doesn't mean a fight camp guarantees you will deliver the best performance of your career, as how often have we seen fighters enter a fight discussing how fantastic their fight camp was, only to be completely outclassed? it happens often, but at the very least you have to be conditioned at 100% to defeat a guy that is naturally more talented, and McGregor is naturally more talented then Nate.

Looks terrible shape compared to his last fight.

But what can be expected on 11 days notice...

He's getting paid, just hope he has enough shape to strangle the guy in rd 1.

This is what Joe Schilling had to say:

"I will be placing a large amount of money on Nate. I think it’s a great payday for Nate and it will be for me as well.

“Nate Diaz trains for fun. He might put on weight between fights but he runs five or six miles regularly, for or five days a week, he does sports for fun, constantly in the gym, constantly training and sparring. Is he in full fight-camp shape? No, but he is far from going to gas out in the first round believe me.”

So being in shape gives you fightplan and fight IQ?

It's called selling a fight. What do you expect them to say? "We are nowhere near ready and we might as well just not show up"????

Not in those exact words, but if N8 loses there will be some lispy mumbling excuse of some sort

I think not. Staying in shape is different from being fight ready.

Agreed, but in the event if N8 loses sherbros will clutter the board with that just like when Chad lost.

I just wanna see a fight!

Let's not pretend it's not an advantage to have a whole fight camp instead of being short notice

Tony Soprano didn't hold a gun to his head to take the fight. If Nate loses their will be an avalanche of excuses from him and his fan base.

"Shape" is subjective I guess. He's obviously not gonna be in great shape. You can't train like you're going to have a fight next week all year round. It doesn't work that way. There's a reason why Nate didn't want the fight at 155.

Back