Werdum's Most Recent Alpha Move Reveals His True Colors #Alpha #ManStyle

Name a closer MMA comparison to Money Mayweather. You can't. Mayweather is boring, although talented as hell, so I suppose you're right, the comparison is bad.

From a marketing perspective Brock was closer to a Mayweather type of fighter, in the sense of big name value, mainstream appeal, and gunuine heel role (hate to say it but his WWE background gave him that extra edge with the media).

Jones is more of an early Roy Jones type of persona, not as talented with the media but definitely either love him or hate him in the ring, big fish in a small pond, and compliments it with some flashiness in the ring.

Mayweather is not boring btw, if you cant appreciate the soundness of his technique and probably one of the best defenses of all time then thats on you buddy. BTW kind of ironic considering Bones last three fights consisted of getting slapped around by Gus for the majority of their fight, a snoozefest against one armed Glover, and a clinch fest against DC Lite.

Last edited:
Coulda shoulda woulda, bro! Big Deal! I'm no nostradamus and neither are you, dude! I'm talking about Werdum already DID, taking the alpha stance just like that! Period.

Well yeah, he talks a great game, no question. And he's one of the 3-4 best HW's in the world right now, so he generally backs it up.

But I'm thinking Jones just maaaaaaaaaybe has a couple other things on his mind right now than responding to Werdum's musings.

It's all about matchup's really....DC was competing at HW and did well for sure, but at the same time, he was smaller HW at 5'9 (He is really no taller than that), and even though he presented a lot of problems for Jones skill wise, his sheer size just wasn't enough to buckle the LHW kingpin.

If you watch the Gustafsson fight though, he presented a lot of problems for Jon with his movement and large frame. As the fight with DC proved, if you are going to take a guy like Jon Jones down, it has to be in the transitions like Gus did. It is a lot easier to defend takedowns rather than executing them, as gus also showed when he fought of 10 different takedowns from Jon, and this is the same guy that took down a 2 time olympian, multiple time senior national freestyle champion and world bronze medalist. It doesn't matter who you are or how decorated of wrestler you are, if you are fatigued and just stand with your back against the cage, a good wrestler and a strong guy like Jon Jones is going to be able to take you down. When Cormier was exhausted and pressed Jon up against the cage in the last 10 seconds of the fourth round, I remember thinking to my self "his feet are in the wrong position, if Jon just pushes him in the right direction DC is going to fall", and he did. It doesn't take away from either guy, the reason why DC got tired was because Jon was just that good.

However, it would be interesting to see Jon against a guy like Cain, who he said he would fight in a heartbeat. I don't just see how he is going to win that fight.

This topic is worth the reading, lol, embarassing.

hhhh.jpg

No, it's actually much, much, much worse for Mayweather. Hard to believe but hate on Jones is not at that level.

I've been on boxing forums and the hate for Mayweather is unreal. LOL.. To be fair Mayweather brings it upon himself! Jon is an asshole but atleast he fights the best guys in his division back to back to back. Everyone respects Jones in the Octagon, dude is a warrior! I think its fair to say Mayweather has ducked certain fighters in his career!

Werdum shouldn't even be thinking about Jones.. He's scheduled to fight a bad man this summer!

Cain should be nice and rusty Werdum gonna have to wash him twice in that thin ass division. Would be cool to have Jones vs Whoever though whenever. We need a superfight

What are you some sorta tough guy? When did I "run my mouth", or insult you? Look dude, a butt scooting fraud like Werdum has no business calling out Jones. He isn't Alpha, he is irrelevant.

how is the interim heavyweight champion irrelevant?

OP is negated by your use of hash tags, inferring that you know nothing of being a man.

I think Werdum is bad match-up for Jones, though it would be fun to watch. Werdum's striking has come a long way, he's big, and his ground game is evil. I couldn't picture the long limbed Jones wanting to hang out on the ground with Werdum for any period of time.

If Werdum wants to fight him so bad he should move down. Hes alwayus been chubby. Talking is easy.

fabricio-werdum.jpg

he could lose another 20 pounds. Then hes pretty much right there.

That's chubby...? Are you joking?

Back