Stopped Gonzaga.
Stopped Gonzaga.
Stopped Kyle.
Stopped Fedor.
Stopped Russow.
Destroyed Nelson.
Beat Bigfoot.

lol that's just untrue man

when a monster like JDS or Fedor hits you, you're not gonna just walk through it..

This isn't the point of the thread now is it?

This isn't the point of the thread now is it?

The point is that he's been in there with some of the most dangerous guys and beat most of them. There's nothing wrong with his chin.

Where are you going with this..

Well the good thing you should take out of this TS is that after all these year in high level MMA against some dangerous opponents no one thinks he has a bad chin. We can often identify how good a chin is from fighters at HW too. Usually find out pretty fast if they can hold up. He seems to at least hold up.

he took a direct hook from Bigfoot and Reem. Though he fell both time, he wasn't out. Dude's a beast. His cardio is up there to, may not be as good as Cain but its up there

The point is that he's been in there with some of the most dangerous guys and beat most of them. There's nothing wrong with his chin.

Where are you going with this..

maybe he just never got hit. like ever.

Just cause you try to get your opponent into guard that doesn't mean your chin is bad. It means your BJJ is dank and you want to use it.

Truth, Nick Diaz has talked about this before, he said something along the lines of if he gets socked with a big punch he falls to the floor because his BJJ is much better than most people and it will give him time to recover, it makes even more sense for Werdum to do it than Nick because his ground game is way better and his striking isn't nearly as good.

Werdum has fought a lot of the best strikers at HW and has only been finished with strikes once in his entire career, and remember this is at HW where just about everyone has KO power.

Werdum has pretty much fought all the best strikers HW has ever had except for Igor, Cro Cop and Hunt, he fought Sergei, Overeemx2, Alexander Emelianenko, Fedor Emelianenko, Andrei Arlovski, and JDS, I don't think I could name a HW in MMA that has fought more highly skilled strikers than Werdum.

werdum = overrated . as soon as he hits anyone from top 5 , he will be beat badly

This is why Werdum may be one of the most underrated HWs of all time, he has been top 15, or top 10, mostly top 10 for his entire career and people still think he will somehow get destroyed when he fights top 5 guys, its dumbfounding.

I keep hearing Werdum has a great chin. Are people just quickly scanning wikipedia? When I see Werdum fights, I keep seeing him flopping to guard whenever to avoid getting hit. Can anyone post gifs where Werdum getting hit flushed and not get KO'ed?

Flopping to guard to avid getting hit? I think he just wants to use his amazing BJJ.

Watch his fights. You will find your answer.

He's never appeared comfortable with being hit, but he has taken some shots in his career. For a heavyweight he has an above average chin. I'm not saying it's on an elite level, though...

Back