werdums bench press looking pretty weak -135ilbs..VID

shortlefthook

305 where I reside
@Black
Reaction score
EDIT im not saying werdum is not a bad mofo, im just pointing out his athletic abilities are rather lackluster in this certain lift..

So that's a 45ilbs multigrip olympic bar before people try, and claim that bars heavier than normal. I have used the same bar many times.
werdum is benching 135x2 (and struggling) and taking a time under tension rest break (throwing the ball and jumping doesn't stress the same muscles so its essentially a rest for that work group) and coming back to hit two more reps.
combined he does a total of 10 reps (with 5 breaks) over a extended period of time...that's super duper weak.
i mean jesus christ for a heavyweight you would expect at least two plates.

struggling with 1 plate even at the end of your workout for a man that large is not good (athletically).

Last edited:
DYEL? he's doing high reps and circuit training, if he was trying to PR on the bench he wouldn't be doing it in a chain with other exercises.

So what??? The guy is one of the baddest man on the planet, multiple times bjj world champ, adcc champ, ufc hw champ, and would most certainly finish any bodybuilder you put in front of him and then still finish Velasquez after that.

That's not a normal bar; It has to weigh much more than the standard straight bar which is 45.

So what??? The guy is one of the baddest man on the planet, multiple times bjj world champ, adcc champ, ufc hw champ, and would most certainly finish any bodybuilder you put in front of him and then still finish Velasquez after that.

Aside from the Velasquez part there is nothing anyone can disagree with but you don't find it surprising at all he isn't much stronger?

DYEL? he's doing high reps and circuit training, if he was trying to PR on the bench he wouldn't be doing it in a chain with other exercises.
2 reps isn't 'high'
and hes struggling man, thats 100 ilb less than his bodyweight.
'so what' what do you mean so what, its a measure of a athlete, werdum isn't a very strong guy.
put jds under that weight and he throws it to the moon.

He's doing a chain of exercises...

1. I have no doubt he can do more.
2. He has to be smarter than the meatheads at the gym who load up too much weight and do shitty reps

He's not trying to be a power lifter.

That's not a normal bar; It has to weigh much more than the standard straight bar which is 45.
wrong, most of them are actually only 39ilbs like the ones at the ymca, that one's a Olympic bar its spec 45ilbs, you wont find one heavier go ahead try.

Last edited:
So that's a 45ilbs multigrip olympic bar before people try, and claim that bars heavier than normal. I have used the same bar many times.
werdum is benching 135x2 (and struggling) and taking a time under tension rest break (throwing the ball and jumping doesn't stress the same muscles so its essentially a rest for that work group) and coming back to hit two more reps.
combined he does a total of 10 reps (with 5 breaks) over a extended period of time...that's super duper weak.
i mean jesus christ for a heavyweight you would expect at least two plates.

struggling with 1 plate even at the end of your workout for a man that large is not good (athletically).
You sound like a douchebag. You obviously don't get how a bench press doesn't help you in an MMA fight. And you're probably a toolbag in the gym who can't do a proper rep.

Check this out, maybe it'll shed some light to your stupidity.

wrong, most of them are actually only 39ilbs like the once at the ymca, that one's a Olympic bar its spec 45ilbs, you wont find one heavier go ahead try.
what is it hollow? You seem pretty hostile over something not related to you.

He's not exactly going for his PR there. And I hate Werdum

You sound like a douchebag. You obviously don't get how a bench press doesn't help you in an MMA fight. And you're probably a toolbag in the gym who can't do a proper rep.

Check this out, maybe it'll shed some light to your stupidity.

are you triggered ? cause you sound upset.
grab a tampon you emotional brat, trying to make personal claims because i pointed out the fact a professional athlete is weak in comparison to his bodyweight?

you have zero experience lifting, 135 x 10 i was doing that in freshman year and those reps were CONSTANT not stopping to work different muscle groups, your clueless scrub be gone.

Narrow grip bench Press is primarily for your triceps, butt either way yes, that is pretty weak.

Weak lift, yeah, but he could probably still lock up a pretty mean triangle on that bar and weight so he gets a pass.

503581.jpg

Back