Werdum

The problem is that people overrated cain. Same with Pettis-dos anjos. They had him built up to be godlike when everyone without superfan goggles could see fundamental holes. And they both got the fuck beat out of them, and people can't wrap their heads around the fact that a guy they thought was nigh unbeatable, got smashed out fair and square.

And yeah, werdum beat the fuck out of cain. Cain has always gassed out, his cardio was never what people liked to pretend it was.

Werdum's performance against Cain was not overrated at all, I have no clue why people keep insisting that it was?

Werdum dominated the champ, making him look like the contender instead of the champion. He looked great against Travis Browne and looked like a champ against both Hunt and Cain. Fabricio Werdum is a major problem for anyone in any area as far as I'm concerned. I'm a huge JDS fan, but I'm starting to think he'll have big problems with the Werdum of today, rather than the Werdum that he fought first.

I believe a different Cain Velasquez will show up in the re-match if he's healthy, but I still think Werdum wins in a dog fight via submission in the 4th or 5th. Werdum's BJJ is too good if Cain wrestles and if it's stay standing Werdum can compete and have the same chance as Cain winning on the feet IMO.

I'm a huuuge Cain fan. Been hyping him since I first heard about him in an interview with Jon Fitch.

Cain never looks great, he wins by making others look bad. He uses pressure, position, and striking volume to grind people down and overwhelm them.

The beauty of what Werdum did, was never let Cain control the position, or overwhelm him with pressure. Whether you thought Werdum looked great or not, he was able to win or at least neutralize Cain, in every position.

Nobody has ever been able to do that to Cain, and Werdum was able to right from the start.

Mister_Salty_B.jpg

TS, aren't you the guy who made that thread about how any hope placed in Werdum was misplaced hope, back before their first fight... lol

how the hell does he even make that smile anyways, my face seriously doesnt move that way. i even just tried it in the mirror and no, not happening. it looked like when terminator was trying to smile when i tried it.

so much butt hurt,didnt even read after the first paragraph.

Cain got owned, maybe he'll do better in the rematch, who knows.

Deal with it TS.

u cant overrate a performance when a guy destroys a champion and wins a title

I'm a huuuge Cain fan. Been hyping him since I first heard about him in an interview with Jon Fitch.

Cain never looks great, he wins by making others look bad. He uses pressure, position, and striking volume to grind people down and overwhelm them.

The beauty of what Werdum did, was never let Cain control the position, or overwhelm him with pressure. Whether you thought Werdum looked great or not, he was able to win or at least neutralize Cain, in every position.

Nobody has ever been able to do that to Cain, and Werdum was able to right from the start.

He actually did. He was pressed against the fence and he was dirty boxed. Exactly like what happened against JDS. JDS also resisted a lot in the first round. He escaped from the clinch, stuffed takedowns and landed a few bombs. That didn

TS is the same guy who said this:

I guess we can argue whether or not Cain can hang with Werdum on the ground. We can also argue whether or not Cain can outstrike Werdum. But there´s one thing i´m 99% sure Cain can do to win this fight, if he decides to, wich is simply push Werdum against the fence and beat him up there. I just can´t see Werdum being able to win a clinch battle against Cain. This would be an excellent and safe strategy for the champion.

True.
After a big fight, people on here traditionally overrate the winner and underrate the loser.
They also credit the winner's fine performance as having brought about the loser's bad performance.
Some guys come up with long winded explanations on how that's the only possible outcome, and there is no way the loser could ever beat the winner.

This thread shows why a rematch is important. Cain did not look like himself. It could be the cause of his loss, or just a result of Werdum having the perfect gameplan.

Werdum beat Cain everywhere, you are a hater, that takedown attempt was pure desperation and resulted in the choke. When he wins the rematch then what will your excuse be?

True.
After a big fight, people on here traditionally overrate the winner and underrate the loser.
They also credit the winner's fine performance as having brought about the loser's bad performance.
Some guys come up with long winded explanations on how that's the only possible outcome, and there is no way the loser could ever beat the winner.

It happens pretty much every time. Sherdog is all about the flavour of the month. Right now is Werdum.

This thread shows why a rematch is important. Cain did not look like himself. It could be the cause of his loss, or just a result of Werdum having the perfect gameplan.

I believe a different Cain will show up in the re-match if he stays healthy and is in shape.

The problem is, Werdum is a bad match up for Velasquez. Like Cain was a terrible match up for JDS, and it's the same in this situation.

Werdum wins this match up at least 6-7/10 times.

The fact that Cain did not come in the best cardio shape, does not mean that Werdum did not impress with what he did.

He tooled Cain badly, it wasn't competitive, you could see after the first minute Cain was boned, Cain couldn't pressure wrestle Werdum against the fence, he had nothing else in the bag after that.

Werdum is a bad match up for all Hw's now that he has a good striking game

He's naturally big, flexible and moves well.

Ground game is top of the food chain

He mixes it all together nicely.

In the rematch he still has Cain's number. Cain gets away with being sloppy and pushing the pace/ rushing against guys that a 1 dimensional but not against Werdum. He's too big and too skilled.

Beat him up standing and tapped him out on the ground dude.

Your boy got outclassed dont be so butthurt

Werdum is a bad match up for all Hw's now that he has a good striking game

He's naturally big, flexible and moves well.

Ground game is top of the food chain

He mixes it all together nicely.

In the rematch he still has Cain's number. Cain gets away with being sloppy and pushing the pace/ rushing against guys that a 1 dimensional but not against Werdum. He's too big and too skilled.

This.

I don't see anyone at HW beating Werdum today. The only way he loses his belt is if he gets injured, or is Bones comes back and moves up.

This isn´t a valid argument. Werdum had his training camp in mexico, Cain didn´t. That´s why one had better cardio than the other.
how is that even worth mentioning....thats all anyone((cain's fans)) say....

well it was the altitude...he didnt train right....

well no shit....the best are the best because of how they train, training is part of it...Cain lost to the better fighter that night....even if it was because of the altitude....

THAT STILL MAKES WERDUM THE BETTER FIGHTER BECAUSE HE BETTER PREPARED

you muppets

Cain has 0 excuses why he couldnt have been more prepared for that...he had the same time frame to do it in as Fabricio did.....in fact it would probably have been easier for Cain to go and do it and be all set up down there because he is mexican or something lol

will Fabricio do it again at sea level....we'll see...but after what we saw in mexico, anyone that insists Cain is going to rollover him is desperately clinging to the notion that Cain is/was the best...and because of what we saw in mexico anyone that says Werdum is going to own him ((again)) has serious blinding faith

we dont know...thats why they are fighting again((and because of some underlying UFC plans))

Personally I dont think Dana really likes Fabricio...you could literally see the distaste on his face at the press conference after Mexico City, that it was so blatant and that Fabricio didnt give any fucks made it pretty funny

I know.

He lost 1 round of 3 and they say he dominated Cain. They want us to think it was like what Cain did to JDS.

TS you are a moron, Werdum toyed with what was considered by many the best HW in the world.

Back