Werdum will do very well vs Cain.

cain's good but werdum's pretty good himself. i won't make any predictions for this fight. i like both fighters but i've always been a bjj supporter so i'm rooting for werdum.

I agree with that he has improved his stand up he'd be able to hang with Cain on the feet and he's dangerous off his back he has a good chance

This, I swear people are overrating the hell out of Werdum's stirking based on how he looked vs bigger slower opponents such as Roy Nelson. Werdum doesn't have great striking, he doesn't have great power, he'd be outclassed on the feet all night against Cain.

You claim Werdum's standup is overrated then in the same breath say that Cain will outclass him on the feet. Cain's striking is something he does in between takedown attempts. Its certainly nothing special. He smothers people, takes them down, beats them up and then when theyre gassed he tees off. His striking is also predicated on people being on their heels and fearing his takedowns. Werdum on the otherhand doesnt care if you take him down. In fact he wants you to.

I dont see how anyone who saw Werdums last couple of fights can say his standup isnt vastly improved. Hes not going to be competing in K1 any time soon. But his striking is no longer the liability it once was and he certainly has the tools to give Cain all he can handle.

You claim Werdum's standup is overrated then in the same breath say that Cain will outclass him on the feet. Cain's striking is something he does in between takedown attempts. Its certainly nothing special. He smothers people, takes them down, beats them up and then when theyre gassed he tees off. His striking is also predicated on people being on their heels and fearing his takedowns. Werdum on the otherhand doesnt care if you take him down. In fact he wants you to.

I dont see how anyone who saw Werdums last couple of fights can say his standup isnt vastly improved. Hes not going to be competing in K1 any time soon. But his striking is no longer the liability it once was and he certainly has the tools to give Cain all he can handle.

Agree with everything in this post. Interesting thing about this fight is whether Cain really wants to take werdum down. Ill be pumped to see this fight

I would take Werdum in this fight. He has more ways to win this fight. The only way Cain wins this fight is if he can box out a decision. If he takes this fight to the ground he will get subbed.

If UFC 155 proved anything, it's that barring a Serra-punch, if you struggle with Roy Nelson you're going to get destroyed by Velasquez.

I like Werdum, but no way in hell does he beat Cain. He wont get Cain down, Cain would beat him up on the feet.

No way in hell?

Really

Werdum imo has better Muay Thai, more power in his hands, a great chin and great cardio for a HW, plus he doesn't have to worry about takedowns

Stylistically, its a good match up for Werdum

Cain stand up is much better than Werdums.

How is Werdum going to take the fight to the ground? Cain by KO in the 3rd.

He doesn't need to bring the fight to the ground he's improved his stand up he can hang in there with cain

I like Werdum, but no way in hell does he beat Cain. He wont get Cain down, Cain would beat him up on the feet.

Agreed. If last night's fight proves anything, it is that Cain can stick to a game plan. His plan with Junior was to set up take downs. Even though he beat the crap out of him standing, he still worked for take downs.

Against Werdum, he will make no effort to take him down so unless Werdum pulls the crap he did against Overeem, Werdum is going to get tooled on the feet. Werdum's take downs are average at best and against a wrestler at the level of Cain, totally ineffective.

Anyone that thinks that Werdum has better stand up than Cain should watch Cain's fights a couple of times.

It won't even be competetive.

Velasquez-KO-Nog-slow-mo.gif

tumblr_m5bn57CKFF1ry1rm7o1_400.gif

It will look similar to this. He won't take werdum down.

is it hard to talk his cains ballsack in your mouth ? i better not get dubs for this but the cain hype today his fucking retarded like where were you guys a week ago?

Werdum defeated Fedor. I believe that automatically means he would destroy cain.If werdum fought bigfoot,then I believe werdum wins,because it's easier for me to live vicariously though him. I look nothing like bigfoot.

No way Werdum has anything for Cain.

Werdum now has improved striking in terms of size he is bigger and stronger than Cain. I think Cain may be quicker and does have good cardio, but the guy tends to come forward and is always known as being an aggressive fighter and that could hurt him when he faces Werdum.

Werdum would welcome the TD he'll even flop and let Cain come to him. He would do to Cain the same way he did to Fedor and trap him into a submission battle on the ground. The only chance Cain has is standing up but even then that is not easy because Werdums striking is just so much better than now than it was previous years.

Back