Werdum will do very well vs Cain.

This, I swear people are overrating the hell out of Werdum's stirking based on how he looked vs bigger slower opponents such as Roy Nelson. Werdum doesn't have great striking, he doesn't have great power, he'd be outclassed on the feet all night against Cain.

fabricio_werdum_smile_mmanewsPL_display_image.jpg

I think Frank Mir and Werdum have the best chance since they dont need to worry about the takedowns and both have decent striking. Mir has more strength to grab for submissions and Werdum has that face.

Cain just won't take him down, and Werdum isn't strong enough to do anything in the clinch versus Cain.

Werdum is just bjj for Cain.. no way in hell Fabricio can win that encounter against Velasquez.

If Cain can out-strike JDS imagine what he would do to Werdum!

He has to fear the TD and knees against Werdum. JDS doesn't have much besides his hands which were rendered useless when Cain closed the distance.

He has to fear the TD and knees against Werdum. JDS doesn't have much besides his hands which were rendered useless when Cain closed the distance.

Cain will not fear a TD from Werdum be serious.

Werdum can win this fight on the feet, its not like Cain has amazing striking, or this crazy chin. On the ground Werdum out grapple Cain.

Cain handled Dos Santos with striking. Werdum outstruck Nelson and still got dropped.

And you don't know that Werdum can out grapple Cain. People act like a great wrestler has never shut down a great Jiu Jitsu guy on the ground.

You just sound like you're looking for anything to soothe the pain of Cain's dominant win last night.

Could always be wrong, but I think this is actually an easy fight for Cain.

I also don't rate Werdum's striking as highly as others just because Alistair was tentative and gassed against him. Cain is the most mobile heavyweight out there right now and speed would kill Werdum.

do you think werdum can grab cains head like hes a 5'8 roy nelson and knee him?

Have you even seen most of Werdum's fights? You say that like he didn't bounce Bigfoot's head off of his knee, and Nelson is the only fighter he's done that to.

Werdum is overrated. Not really a top 5 guy. His striking is improved, but not impressive. Cain can keep it standing if he wants.

Technically Werdum should be ranked #2 with only Alistair being ahead of him. I actually even have Cormier ahead of Cain.

He would have trouble with all three imo.

That said, the strategy he used agains JDS was high paced and would probably be extremely hard for anyone to keep up. Cain definitely has the mojo to stay champ but the question is which Cain shows up next time.

I dont think this fight would go much time on the ground. So standing, I dont think Werdum can (T)KO Cain. Cain, however, has power to (T)KO werdum.

Cain is stronger and faster, but werdum has size advantage and his striking has improved a lot. He might take it in the scoreboards. If he takes the early rounds, then Cain would be obligated to engage him a little less carefully and werdum might capitalize on that by scoring more points and/or taking Cain down. Werdum's cardio is another issue to keep in mind.

I would give the edge to Cain if they fight, but could see werdum taking it by points.

On the ground I think he can sweep or sub Cain, and standing he will hold his own with his ever improving MT under kings MMA.

cain striking is over hyped, and his chin isn't that proven. he isn't going to blow werdum out of the water standing.

Cain outstruck JDS, who KOd Werdum. This post is senseless.

Cain will walk through Werdum with the utmost of ease. doesn't matter though since he won't get past Nog.

Back