Werdum wants rematch with Fedor in December

PancraseForever

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
See:

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/8/4...bricio-werdum-wants-fedor-rematch-in-december

"Emelianenko said he wants a rematch with me? Then UFC will require him to sign a contract," Werdum told Sportbox.ru. "I believe that the right to hold a rematch will not work because he has not fought in three years. If he signs a contract with the UFC, I am not sure that they will give him a title shot immediately. I believe that it would be logical to give him one more fight before the title. Perhaps our rematch could take place in December. New MMA fans know little about Fedor, but the old remember him well."

Too late Werdum. You get Cain again and this time it will be at sea level.

7nxlxaNt_400x400.jpg

Last edited:
Why so he can buttscoot the whole 5 rounds like he did against the reem? He's ducking cain at sea level.

Cain doesn't deserve an instant rematch. Instant rematches should only happen with robberies or questionable stoppages. That's it.

Cain needs to fight Stipe IMO

Give us Fedor vs Werdum II

What Werdum "wants" doesn't matter. His whole idea about "taking a vacation," was asinine, and this is even moreso.

I want to see this fight so bad!

Awesome. Let the oldies fight it out. :D

Werdum obviously doesn't want to fight though. Since his win he's been saying he wants to fight Cain, Arlovski, this person and that person. A month later Cain doesn't deserve a rematch. He'll sit on the belt for a few more months and the UFC will let him. They don't give dogshit about the HW division.

Dec 5 card
McGregor vs Aldo
Rousey vs Tate
Fedor vs Werdum
CM Punk vs TBA

Will definitely do 1.5M+ buys lol

Cain doesn't deserve an instant rematch. Instant rematches should only happen with robberies or questionable stoppages. That's it.

Cain needs to fight Stipe IMO

Give us Fedor vs Werdum II

So when should immediate title shots only happen?

I really can't imagine Fedor getting an immediate shot at Werdum, I'd love to see it but not gona happen. He'l need at least one fight before that, could be Mir or Arlovski.

I think a fight with Arlovski followed by a title fight with Werdum would be pretty much perfect, for UFC and the fans as well. If some people have forgotten Fedor or the new ones who don't know who he is, promote the hell out of that first fight knockout and a grudge match between two veterans. They could build some huge hype for this fight.

As of now its Cain/Werdum 2 n Arlovski/Mir right?

So why not have Fedor/Barnett (finally) or Fedor/Big Ben?...Cro Cop?

Pretty sure that Big Nog only fought HH before getting a shot at the interim title against Tim?

I still think Arlovski should get a shot in Dec. if he first can beat Mir, and is then eligible for that fight in Dec.

If not then you can have Werdum fight him in Jan also, or

1) you could do a Werdum vs Cain rematch,
2) you do a Werdum vs. Fedor II rematch

The thing about the Werdum vs. Fedor fight is that it is the most enticing fight for him in the UFC in his comeback, despite the fact he has not fought for three years.

I actually think Fedor vs. Cain could also be his first fight back, if he is willing to test himself out of the gate.

Otherwise a Fedor vs Mirko II fight could be his comeback, and he can await one of the following

Werdum, Arlovski, Cain, Mir

I don't really want to see him fight Big Foot. If he wins it will be a easy 1st round KO, if he loses he will be laid on for at least 2 rounds. That fight is much bigger for Big Foot right now than it is for Fedor. Honestly I'd rather see Fedor test himself against a top fighter, or rematch another vet from Pride than doing a Big Foot rematch, considering Fedor is coming back, and Big Foot still has a lot of work to do when it comes to regaining his form.

Also Big Foot's manager demanding an exception for a multi elevated testosterone and suspended fighter is laughable. Big Foot "needs" a special consolation to be competitive, well adapt or die. He needs to figure out how to win with out some special help. Considering he is a black belt in three martial arts and weighs 280, I have no sympathy for him. Learn how to win slow, ..... that is what it is.

Yes please, I wanted Fedor to fight Mir first but hey I'll take that fight before a rematch vs Cain ANYTIME. Fuck this immediate rematch for Cain, FUCK IT. Hopefully it was only a shit rumour.

Back