Werdum vs. Prime Brock?

Ufc 100 Brock kills werdum. He wouldn't be able to escape that suffocating top control and would give up the takedown. Don't be fooled bye how good werdum is. He couldn't even stop hapa who is an absolute boxcar.

Ufc 100 Brock kills werdum. He wouldn't be able to escape that suffocating top control and would give up the takedown. Don't be fooled bye how good werdum is. He couldn't even stop hapa who is an absolute boxcar.
Suffocating top control? Are you confusing Brock for something besides a wrestler..?
Then got thrown across the room, just sayin.
I have no idea whether or not that's actually true, but if Lentz did sub Brock then Werdum absolutely could as well-- the only problem is that Werdum himself is a massive heavyweight and Brock couldn't just manhandle him the way you're envisioning.

Sarcastic?
No. I feel as though your tone is that of someone who automatically assumes that "wrestler = has good top control" when, in fact, top control doesn't come into play until you've passed the guard because you are simply not in top position until you have passed the guard, which would never fucking happen against Werdum, and beyond this, wrestlers have many different skills of which top control is but one of many. Phil Davis is a good example of one such wrestler who is excellent in that facet while having a comparatively weak shot, and it is this which fuels most of the inane criticisms of his "mma wrestling".

In this case, Brock's skill as a wrestler has NOTHING to do with top control. He's an explosive power guy, and you can see it in how he actually plays top game-- he doesn't distribute nearly as much of his weight to pass as he could be. Even comparatively average HW black belts like Gonzaga are much better at this than Brock ever was.

Now, a good example of someone who actually does have a suffocating top game? Demian Maia.

A masterful jiu-jitsu practitioner will exert seemingly inhuman levels of pressure without very much effort. It's the hallmark of jiu-jitsu, and really is pound-for-pound skill and technique which just about any level of strength can only ever hope to approximate.

I'll take werdum here

No. I feel as though your tone is that of someone who automatically assumes that "wrestler = has good top control" when, in fact, top control doesn't come into play until you've passed the guard because you are simply not in top position until you have passed the guard, which would never fucking happen against Werdum, and beyond this, wrestlers have many different skills of which top control is but one of many. Phil Davis is a good example of one such wrestler who is excellent in that facet while having a comparatively weak shot, and it is this which fuels most of the inane criticisms of his "mma wrestling".

Now, in this case, Brock's skill as a wrestler has NOTHING to do with top control. He's an explosive power guy, and you can see it in how he actually plays top game-- he doesn't distribute nearly as much of his weight to pass as he could be. Even comparatively average HW black belts like Gonzaga are much better at this than Brock ever was.

Now, a good example of someone who actually does have a suffocating top game? Demian Maia.

A masterful jiu-jitsu practitioner will exert seemingly inhuman levels of pressure without very much effort. It's pound-for-pound skill and technique which any level of strength can only ever hope to approximate.
Are you fucking kidding me! You don't have to be in mount to be considered top control. Half guard is top control! And if Brock's got u there u ain't getting out. Go have a roll dude, you have no clue.

Call me crazy, but I think before the disease Brock beats Werdum the same way he defeated Mir in the second fight.

As Rogan says, there are levels to this. And make no mistake, Werdum's BJJ is a couple levels above Mir's. Mir is absolutely fantastic at catching subs in scrambles and transitions. But his actual technical BJJ isnt in the same ballpark as Werdum's, which is why you've seen Mir look helpless when trapped on his back. You will NEVER see Werdum get battered from his guard. Brock would likely get swept or subbed fairly quickly against Werdum - he just doesn't have the knowledge or experience to counter the techniques that Werdum would throw at him. And anybody with eyes could see that Werdum is the better striker.

Prime WWE Brock would get the F5 on Werdum, but Werdum would be resilient enough to kick out after a 2 and a half count and eventually get he W.

I wanted Brock to get ktfo when he was champ, but i will admit that diverticulitis changed the man. That illness kills people ffs. I think Werdum has evolved a lot lately and Brock went downhill after 08'. Had they met in 2008 I would have picked Brock, specially because Werdum wasn't as good as he is now.

im more interested in Brock V Sapp ( both in their Prime)

that will be a crazy fight

Are you fucking kidding me! You don't have to be in mount to be considered top control. Half guard is top control! And if Brock's got u there u ain't getting out. Go have a roll dude, you have no clue.

Prime WWE Brock never makes the 265 limit and pisses hot. The man was so jacked up he'd have gassed inside two minutes. Just sayin.

Brock would get subbed by Werdum, no doubt in my mind. If Mir caught him leaving a leg out there, Werdum would catch him much sooner. This isn't talking shit on Mir, rather remarking on the fact that Brock didn't respect Mir's game enough and paid for it. And I think we can all agree Werdum is far more lethal on the ground than Mir.

would be interesting

brock could keep it standing and hits like a truck. brock also had savage knees in the clinch and would be able to use them better than we saw vs stylistically tougher guys to clinch and knee (overeem, cain, carwin, randy).

if we're talking about brock 3 years ago then we have to use werdums striking as of 3 years ago to compare. if we are talkign about werdums ability today then you have to compare it to brocks potential if he stayed healthy and trained

imo brock 3 years ago vs werdum 3 years ago would be interesting and competetive. i think it would be a nightmare for werdum to get brock down and brocks devastating power and knees would be very dangerous. kind of a toss up

if we are talking about werdum today vs brocks potential its an absolute murder by brock. i think brock has the potential to press werdum up against the cage and maul him in a complete slaughtering. he might even have been good enough to put werdum on his back and gnp, but he wouldnt need to

I'd pick Werdum but I think Brock would make it a lot ore competitive than most people in this thread are giving him credit for.

Brock defeated the undertaker in wrestlemania... Now tell me who else can do that?

Back