Werdum vs. Prime Brock?

Brock with the steel chair and garbage cans for the 123...

WTF is "prime Brock"? Brock had three good fights. The first was against Herring who was ready to quit the sport, the second was against an old man that he dwarfed who never looked good again, and the third was against Frank "the human punching bag" Mir.

A killer like Werdum would beat Brock any way he wanted.
Hahahaha, you never heard of prime Brock. Prime Brock is just like saying Prime Kimbo.

Call me crazy, but I think before the disease Brock beats Werdum the same way he defeated Mir in the second fight.

we have never seen prime Brock.....

and don't forget he finished an undefeated monster Carwin

but Werdum wrecks him

Lesnar's best weapon was to bullrush opponents into a takedown and Werdum loves to be taken down. Vai Cavalo 1st round sub, easily.

Werdum by triangle, Brock isn't on his level.
BillYoung1991 said:
Good top game + 300lbs of Power and Strength > Best Bottom game in the world
Your argument is made under the presumption that Brock, on top, is anywhere near as skilled as Werdum anywhere.

He's not.

Werdum's BJJ >>>>>>> Brock's wrestling + nogi. Strength and size are only bonuses in competition, technique is the goal, and Brock's technique is not even somewhat equivalent to Werdum's. He would probably gas after techniquelessly slamming his way out of a triangle or three-- presuming of course that he wasn't finished outright.

Also, get real with those figures of "300lbs", Brock was probably 285 inside the cage tops.

Werdum would submit Brock with ease. Werdum's groundgame is sick.

Brock would survive first round on pure strength and finally get submitted in the second/third.

I don't see Werdum's ground game any more spectacular than Mir's.

Fabricio could slap a sub on but he will either get annihilated in the process or just get out right wrecked to a stoppage.

I don't see Werdum's ground game any more spectacular than Mir's.
Well that's fucked, because it is. Mir just kinda gives up and gets destroyed with GnP after you defend the first couple armbars, leglocks, what have you. We've seen this as early as his fight with Ian Freeman: he got taken down, went for the legs and came up with jack, then got pounded out all in the same round.

Werdum, on the other hand, just gets his hips up so damn fast and smooth to the extent that trying to GnP him actually does nothing beyond expose you to armbars and triangle chokes. He will never be pounded out, ever.

Brock cannot take a punch, so I think that the new Werdum would pick him apart on the feet for a TKO. If by some chance Brock did get him to the floor I think that Werdum would sub him quick by triangle, armbar or heel hook.

Well that's fucked, because it is. Mir just kinda gives up and gets destroyed with GnP after you defend the first couple armbars, leglocks, what have you. We've seen this as early as his fight with Ian Freeman: he got taken down, went for the legs and came up with jack, then got pounded out all in the same round.

Werdum, on the other hand, just gets his hips up so damn fast and smooth to the extent that trying to GnP him actually does nothing beyond expose you to armbars and triangle chokes. He will never be pounded out, ever.

That's fairly selective.

A fight that took place over a decade ago?

But fine. Right before that, he broke Traven's arm, who was a world BJJ Champion.

Relative to MMA, Frank is on par with Werdum.

Brock cannot take a punch, so I think that the new Werdum would pick him apart on the feet for a TKO.
There's no doubt in my mind that 2014 Werdum would kick Lesnar's ass on the feet to an embarrassing extent if Brock actually had the audacity to not immediately dive for takedowns, but I don't think it's that Brock CAN'T take a punch. Rather, that he can't take a punch without also losing his will to fight. It seems like he checks out mentally the more you hit him, which isn't really hard cause he never had good defense.

That's fairly selective.

A fight that took place over a decade ago?

But fine. Right before that, he broke Traven's arm, who was a world BJJ Champion.

Relative to MMA, Frank is on par with Werdum.
Well, it's not exactly limited to the Freeman fight. Mir has been pinned in half guard and beaten to hell after coming up short on his initial submission attempts numerous times beyond that.

Regardless, I'm gonna watch that Traven fight on Fight Pass then get back to you.

edit: with that fight, Traven slipped near the cage and found himself with Mir's hips around his arm, so I dunno if that's the best example. Werdum's submissions of Overeem and Fedor are more significant IMO.

Last edited:
Brock is much stronger than Werdum and has superior catch wrestling. I could see him easily taking Werdum down and subbing him with an arm triangle. I'd bet my house on Brock by sub...

... and live in a homeless shelter

Well, it's not exactly limited to the Freeman fight. Mir has been pinned in half guard and beaten to hell after coming up short on his initial submission attempts numerous times beyond that.

Regardless, I'm gonna watch that Traven fight on Fight Pass then get back to you.

edit: with that fight, Traven slipped near the cage and found himself with Mir's hips around his arm, so I dunno if that's the best example. Werdum's submissions of Overeem and Fedor are more significant IMO.

A person doesn't just fall into a sub. Let alone a world BJJ player.

Back