1. The Sherdog Forums are currently experiencing technical difficulties, and we are working on it. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Werdum vs DC and Werdum vs Jones: chances?

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Gregoire1, Aug 23, 2015.

1. Gregoire1

Gregoire1 дезоксерибонулеиновая кислота

In which fight Werdum had better chances: vs DC or vs Jones? And who would likely won each fight?

2. MrFeeny

MrFeeny Purple Belt

i think werdum beats both.

dc would be an easier fight for him.

3. Glove

Glove Black Belt

Danile Cormier, because i fully believe Jon Jones is just on another level against anyone.

4. MrFeeny

MrFeeny Purple Belt

i don't think you can say that with a straight face when somebody not to long ago put jones in the hospital with machines monitoring his vitals.

5. LouisBolanos

LouisBolanos Popcorn tastes good

Jones owned DC fighting DC's fight.

MMAth doesn't always work but in this case it absolutely does. A properly trained Jones is a solid B-/C+-level athlete in his prime. DC is a C/C- level athlete way past his prime. Jones is a better than DC everywhere.

6. Glove

Glove Black Belt

He still won that fight however. Albeit a very close decision.

7. Gabe

Gabe Saturdays are for the Boys

Id still pick him over every fighter on the planet.

8. LHWBelt

LHWBelt Silver Belt

Werdum beats DC. I think Jones beats Werdum but I'm very unsure about it, I'd love to see it.

9. Drake

Drake Guest

Werdum beats both. Cormier would be harder though.

10. TdotK

TdotK Purple Belt

I think both guys could handily beat Werdum. Werdum's guard has become over hyped to mythical proportions.

Put it like this. Mark Hunt was in his guard with plenty of time for Werdum to pull off a sub, and on numerous occasions. I think DC and Jones could nullify his guard, and just pound him out for a decision. I give Jones the better chance, bit I still think DC would handily beat Werdum as well.

11. empsim

empsim Brown Belt

I think DC beats werdum, but they gifted him the lhw belt so no reason to move up unless jones comes back

12. mmaelitefan000

mmaelitefan000 Brown Belt

werdum beats em both. dc would get outstruck or submitted again by werdum. jj would last for awhile but would get submitted once he goes for a td. werdum is the last mohican aka brazil's best and he knows it. his bjj and ground game is wizard like meaning in chess terms, his rating would be at least 2700. anyone who plays chess knows what i mean.werdum's gg is TOP NOTCH in all areas. defensive wise on the ground, he was in CAIN'S SIDE CONTROL and got to full guard within a matter of seconds. it took him him 3x to submit cain who is imo at least TOP 2 wrestlers to ever compete in mma for the hw division. dc is the other guy in the top 2 best wrestlers ever. werdum takes fighting to a different lvl. he's slick and SKILLED.

13. Future GOAT

Future GOAT McGOAT

Werdum > both

14. TdotK

TdotK Purple Belt

He beat a ring rusty, and clearly not conditioned enough version of Cain. Pre injury Cain whoops his ass 8/10x.

DC and Jones would handily beat him. He's starting to get overrated now.

15. mmaelitefan000

ringrust cain my ass. cain got busted up and saw his own blood fall which imo deteriorated his confidence. cain's camp even stated that cain was more than ready before fighting werdum. how would jj beat werdum ?? he'd get fucked up in the standup and destroyed on the ground. dc would be eating knees and STRAIGHT punches from werdum all day.

16. mmaelitefan000

u want to account bet on werdum vs cain 2????????? i got werdum

17. TdotK

TdotK Purple Belt

Pure ring rust, and definitely not the same conditioned Cain we all know.

And DC is far more elusive, and quicker than Cain in movment, striking, and grappling. If a lean, mean, and incredibly explosive and powerful Rumble couldn't hurt him, Werdum ain't doing nothing to him. Remember, lighter guys are incredibly more explosive and much faster than the HW's DC would have to deal with. DC's speed and power would carry up, and I think he'd tool Werdum.

And Jones would just take him down, and give him the hellbow treatment. Also, Jon's still longer than Werdum. His kicking game is beyond Werdum's leg kick, occasion Al spinning capoerira kick, and his knees. He's still a lumbering HW that DC and Jones would both out quick, grapple, and school.

18. TdotK

TdotK Purple Belt

That's the thing. Fights aren't in a vaccuum. Just because Cain's gonna fight him again, doesn't mean he magically starts fr scratch, and didn't just get in a war he'd usually win if it weren't for his injuries.

If Cain never got injured, he wouldn't be rusty, and he wouldn't have that bad of a gas tank as he showed in the Werudm fight, and he wouldn't have taken all the damage he did. He did, so now we might not see the same Cain again.

I'm not account betting, because I think he needs a tune up fight against a top 10 guy, then use another training camp to really get back.

19. mmaelitefan000

account bet on werdum beating both guys meaning you lose IF he beats em both but if werdum loses to just one of them, i lose. so watsup??

20. Reason

Reason Black Belt

I think Werdum beats DC but not Jones.