Werdum vs Conor treatment...

I doubt werdum asked for a replacement and ufc said no we want to have a worse ppv card

I'm not arguing that, the original point was why is Conor treated differently than Werdum, and offered an opponent to replace his injured opponent, rather than get removed from the card.

My point that I was making was that there has been no visible difference in the way the UFC treated the situation, they were both offered replacement bouts.

You said " well they offered Conor more money " which isn't true, well might be but we'll never know.

Conor accepts last minute replacements because he has literally thousands of fans who fly from Ireland to come watch him fight, and he doesn't want to let them down.

Now there situations are very different in this regard, because I agree they shouldn't accept last minute replacements, people think full camp fighters who accept last minute opponent changes are at an advantage, it's not true, and there's a good list a late replacements getting the W and then losing with a full camp.

Conor has balls and I respect him a ton for never pulling out of a fight, even when he risked losing his FW title shot to Chad Mendes, and risked and did lose his LW title shot vs Nate, his commitment to the fans is more important then coming in 100℅.

That's why Conor is where he is, and Werdum isn't.
mentioned mcgregor: automatic IL
2hduuio.gif

How do you know that he did?

JDS said he accepted the fight.
Werdum said no fight was offered.

So one is lying.

Maybe neither is lying....

UFC playing both sides is nothing new

mentioned mcgregor: automatic IL
2hduuio.gif
Lol I went to read over what I wrote to see if I made any mistakes, scrolled up and was like nobody's ever gonna read this. I didn't even read it cuz it was soo long

so when Conor opponents are out of the fight due to injuries,
UFC always find someone to replace, even within a week,
because he is holding the card,

now Werdum will not be fighting again because UFC don't give a damn about Werdum career,
they should have been vocal about which opponents can replace Cain,
instead they said nothing

this is unfair to fighters
this is something the union can add to their agenda, the lack of fighting put some if these guys in difficult financial situation
Didn't cigano wanna fight n werdum said no then went to call him a gay in the closet?? Werdum is overrated anyways

Werdum turned down other opponents.

He wants the easy way to a rematch against Stipe.

I hope you're not asking why Conor is treated different than werdum for a card.

or possibly Werdum turned somebody down so there was nothing to report

not everybody is willing to take last minute fights, we don't know what happeend

Damn this was nail on the head. Presto chango fuctard horse shit is what separates a mature combat sport like Boxing from a combat sport in its infantile stage like MMA. Even the absolute top level of MMA (The UFC) still considers the hysterical "amateur" last minute change of an opponent in a ranked bout a policy that could be misconstrued as "professional".
Boxings champions, and top ranked contenders are for real. They contract to fight an opponent and are (unlike MMA) DAMN WELL expected to fulfill their contract. When an injury or other factor occurs to not allow the bout to take place, it is postponed [PERIOD]. Ranked "professional" combat sport fighters are not "forced" or even "proffered" last second preto-chango's.

If the bout cannot be rescheduled, it is scrapped and a new fight contracted at a later date.

Like which one??
Hmmm let's have a think shall we....

The flyweight belt lol he avoided it THREE TIMES which is pathetic

The champs job is to DEFEND belt

ONLY REASON HE WASNT STRIPPED= marketing

Hope the caps helped

Hmmm let's have a think shall we....

The flyweight belt lol he avoided it THREE TIMES which is pathetic

The champs job is to DEFEND belt

ONLY REASON HE WASNT STRIPPED= marketing

Hope the caps helped

Feather weight not flyweight, but it's all good, I get your point. Just might want to change before you get burned at the stake.

But people need to understand between refusing a fight and accepting another fight.

Aldo refused to fight in Nov., For whatever reason, he refused to defend, because he just said I won't fight. That's refusing to defend when u turn down fights offered to you. Now I don't mean to throw Aldo under the bus, he had his reasons, I'm just using it as an example.

Conor accepted another fight, unrelated to his defense, this is where people confuse it, Conor did not refuse to defend the FW belt.

He accepted harder fights with greater rewards. And couldn't defend because he was offered more enticing fights from the UFC. Plain and simple. As much pull as we like to joke about Conor having all the pull in the match making, it's the UFC brass which ultimately decides the match ups.

If you watch Conor's pre fight interview for Eddie, it was the UFC who called him to fight for the LW belt not vice versa.

Feather weight not flyweight, but it's all good, I get your point. Just might want to change before you get burned at the stake.

But people need to understand between refusing a fight and accepting another fight.

Aldo refused to fight in Nov., For whatever reason, he refused to defend, because he just said I won't fight. That's refusing to defend when u turn down fights offered to you. Now I don't mean to throw Aldo under the bus, he had his reasons, I'm just using it as an example.

Conor accepted another fight, unrelated to his defense, this is where people confuse it, Conor did not refuse to defend the FW belt.

He accepted harder fights with greater rewards. And couldn't defend because he was offered more enticing fights from the UFC. Plain and simple. As much pull as we like to joke about Conor having all the pull in the match making, it's the UFC brass which ultimately decides the match ups.

If you watch Conor's pre fight interview for Eddie, it was the UFC who called him to fight for the LW belt not vice versa.
He's refused to defend belt three times

He was allowed to do so cos of marketing

Any other fighter would have been stripped

He was allowed to avoid defending just so they can say he's a two division champ

Marketing and money won

He's refused to defend belt three times

He was allowed to do so cos of marketing

Any other fighter would have been stripped

He was allowed to avoid defending just so they can say he's a two division champ

Marketing and money won

Man u guys are dense, he didn't refuse 3 times, show me 1 time when the UFC offered him a FW title defense and he said no??

Man u guys are dense, he didn't refuse 3 times, show me 1 time when the UFC offered him a FW title defense and he said no??
You must be dense

Being the champ and not fighting 3 times in your division defending belt is avoiding defending literally

Back