Werdum vs Conor treatment...

kahymo

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
so when Conor opponents are out of the fight due to injuries,
UFC always find someone to replace, even within a week,
because he is holding the card,

now Werdum will not be fighting again because UFC don't give a damn about Werdum career,
they should have been vocal about which opponents can replace Cain,
instead they said nothing

this is unfair to fighters
this is something the union can add to their agenda, the lack of fighting put some if these guys in difficult financial situation

or possibly Werdum turned somebody down so there was nothing to report

not everybody is willing to take last minute fights, we don't know what happeend

CKiRvVeUcAEjTdI.jpg

I think it's two things.

Werdum is getting old and this is probably his last chance at the UFC title.

Secondly, the HW division is shallow as it comes. Who are they going to call up as a gimmie fight for Werdum, Travis Browne?

I think it's two things.

Werdum is getting old and this is probably his last chance at the UFC title.

Secondly, the HW division is shallow as it comes. Who are they going to call up as a gimmie fight for Werdum, Travis Browne?
They didn't offer Werdum any extra money.

Cause he's not the main event? Conor Mcgregor is the main attraction. As is Honda Dousey for UFC 207.
Apparently most fighters are paid extra to take a fight on short notice. Main eventer doesn't mean anything. And Werdum has main evented 3 ppvs and 2 televised cards. How many other fighters have done that? How can you say he is not a "main eventer"?

Did Conor get extra money??
Likely.

Werdum turned down JDS.
How do you know that he did?

JDS said he accepted the fight.
Werdum said no fight was offered.

So one is lying.

JDS is fighting Struve in a Fight Night Main Event start of February. The UFC are unlikely to pull a fighter in a ME from one show to add him to a PPV on the 3rd fight down, especially one with two title fights. The promotion for JDS vs Struve has already begun. The fight is in like 5-6 weeks. They've liked printed posters, made ads, tickets might have gone on sale, etc.

It's in a fighters interest to say that they offered to step up, but would they really step up? I saw a Cro Cop interview that when Wand pulled out of the Rizin show, Fabio Maldanado went on social media talking about how he'd step up. Rizin told Cro Cop that they saw that and contacted Fabio, to which he said, he can't fight, he's injured. So, he was just using the situation for self-promotion.

My point is, take these things with a grain of salt. Everyone is trying to make themselves look good. They're in a business where self-promotion counts and in this day and age, they can do that with a single sentence. We don't really know what happened.

Apparently most fighters are paid extra to take a fight on short notice. Main eventer doesn't mean anything. And Werdum has main evented 3 ppvs and 2 televised cards. How many other fighters have done that? How can you say he is not a "main eventer"?

He's been a main event, but he is not the main event on this card. That's the difference.

He's been a main event, but he is not the main event on this card. That's the difference.
So what?

The UFC wants a fighter to take a short notice fight, they better add a one and two zeros onto that check.

So what?

The UFC wants a fighter to take a short notice fight, they better add a one and two zeros onto that check.

Them paying Mcgregor money because he's headlining the card while they aren't willing to pay Werdum is the whole point of this thread. Pay attention, Jesus.

You then quoted me and said " Werdum has headlined cards before, why are you saying he has not". You were apparently confused so I clarified it for you. No problem man. Now you are telling me "so what if he's not the main event?" ..Lol.

You are wasting both our times here. Good day.

Them paying Mcgregor money because he's headlining the card while they aren't willing to pay Werdum is the whole point of this thread. Pay attention, Jesus.

You then quoted me and said " Werdum has headlined cards before, why are you saying he has not". You were apparently confused so I clarified it for you. No problem man. Now you are telling me "so what if he's not the main event?" ..Lol.

You are wasting both our times here. Good day.
I'm didn't mention mcgregor at all.

latest

Likely.

Lol so you don't know if they offered Conor more $$, your just assuming they did because they didn't offer Werdum more??

How does that make sense??

Werdum also refused Stipe as a late replacement.

Lol so you don't know if they offered Conor more $$, your just assuming they did because they didn't offer Werdum more??

How does that make sense??

Werdum also refused Stipe as a late replacement.
No extra money.... why should he fight a different opponent for the same money?

His manager should tell the UFC no! The fighters should have very little interaction with the UFC brass. It is not in their best interest.

Bet you hes still not in Dana's good books for the Reebok comments..
So Dana be like.. Meh...
Shame for all really
Werdum and Cain are my 2 favorite fighters..

No extra money.... why should he fight a different opponent for the same money?

His manager should tell the UFC no! The fighters should have very little interaction with the UFC brass. It is not in their best interest.

I'm not arguing that, the original point was why is Conor treated differently than Werdum, and offered an opponent to replace his injured opponent, rather than get removed from the card.

My point that I was making was that there has been no visible difference in the way the UFC treated the situation, they were both offered replacement bouts.

You said " well they offered Conor more money " which isn't true, well might be but we'll never know.

Conor accepts last minute replacements because he has literally thousands of fans who fly from Ireland to come watch him fight, and he doesn't want to let them down.

Now there situations are very different in this regard, because I agree they shouldn't accept last minute replacements, people think full camp fighters who accept last minute opponent changes are at an advantage, it's not true, and there's a good list a late replacements getting the W and then losing with a full camp.

Conor has balls and I respect him a ton for never pulling out of a fight, even when he risked losing his FW title shot to Chad Mendes, and risked and did lose his LW title shot vs Nate, his commitment to the fans is more important then coming in 100℅.

That's why Conor is where he is, and Werdum isn't.

Back