Werdum Positioned to get skipped over for a title shot?

Silent Majority

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
With Browne vs Barnett I could see that winner getting the title shot before Werdum. Especially if JDS wins people might not want to see him face Werdum again.

Well, the HW title fight is a full 2 months before the Barnett/Browne fight. So, Werdum is probably safe

He didn't look great against Nog in my opinion. Looked a bit slow and wasn't on the up and up striking.

Especially if JDS wins people might not want to see him face Werdum again.

Huh?

Fight was five years ago against the worst version of Werdum we've ever seen. Not to mention, no one knew who the fuck JDS was.

Cain was finished faster than Werdum and still came back to crush JDS in the rematch.

If jds wins, I can still see cormier getting the shot before werdum. Werdum probably fights Barnett/Browne winner.

Hope not.

Werdum must be the most accomplished fighter to never fight for a major title.

He is saying if JDS defeats Cain, people might not want to see a rematch given how their first bout ended.

I feel like I am missing the point of your post though.

I am saying that the Browne/Barnett winner could jump Werdum on the ladder.

I actually think its pretty clear that Werdum has been positioned to get the next title shot with the booking of Browne/Barnett.

Cain/JDS winner vs Werdum in February/March and Barnett/Browne fights the winner in the Summer.

He didn't look great against Nog in my opinion. Looked a bit slow and wasn't on the up and up striking.

To be fair I don't think he really wanted to smash Nog's face in. He was one of his idols and I don't think he went as hard as he usually does. I could be wrong but watching the fight gave me that impression.

If anything he is positioned to get a title shot because they are pretty much booking everybody

To be fair I don't think he really wanted to smash Nog's face in. He was one of his idols and I don't think he went as hard as he usually does. I could be wrong but watching the fight gave me that impression.
That is a definite possibility.

I still think he didn't do well, but that is something to consider.

Nope. Werdum was not booked as they need him for the next HW title bout.

it's his time

xao3mp.gif

I actually think its pretty clear that Werdum has been positioned to get the next title shot with the booking of Browne/Barnett.

Cain/JDS winner vs Werdum in February/March and Barnett/Browne fights the winner in the Summer.

I hope you're right... Werdum is overdue for a title fight.

Back